Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I decided to do the Delta Voranis Cluster exploration mission from Lt Grall this morning.

I had one system space mission that went fine. But the other 3 I have attempted have been Away team missions. Every one of them has resulted in my crashing to desktop, and then having to reverify my files.

I basically get all the appropriate quest text, fly to the planet. Select the default away team, and hit the loading screen. then client crashes due to a CRC error or map mismatch error. Get thrown to the client crash error submission and fill that out.

ES
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Hey ES, here is the fix :

Quote:
go into your installation directory (such as c:\program files\cryptic studios\star trek online\piggs\) and delete any bins.hoggs and textures.hoggs you find. Then repatch. The patch will be large. Mine's sitting at 9gigs and chugging along.
PS : you can skip the 96K+ files check by clicking on "cancel"
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks, I figured I could hit cancel, but was always a bit leery of doing it becuase I didn;t want to damage any files it was doing the verification on. Going to go delete and reload the files that you said would fix it.

ES