Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Captain
# 11
12-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
Eh, all the avenger needs is a better saucer section (bit larger and perhaps circular). The Avenger's hardly the worst looking ship.
100% Agreed.
A larger and wider, round or even elliptical shaped saucer would definately help making the ship look better. The designer wanted it to look muscular and bulky, i'm fine with that.
But the fine egg shaped saucer just doesn't fit to that look IMO. What that ship needs is a saucer that looks more like the rest of the ship, but no fine and fragile looking and way too light looking saucer like they made for the Avenger.

Just some examples of saucer sections already in the game that would perfectly fit to the Avenger:
Polaris, Sol, Luna, Cochrane, Bellerophon, Zephyr, Akira. Heck, even the Exeter Saucer would fit better to the rest of the ship than that tiny thing they put on top of the Avenger.
EDIT:
I belive Cryptic evn could re-use the Noble and even the imperial Saucer for the Avenger and it would still be improvement.

All it needs are at least SOME options, for gods sake.

I have the ship myself but seriously i can't stand her looks. First i thought i just need to accustom myself to it, but it just don't work. Which is a shame, Cryptic obviouls only creates ships for people not caring about the looks, only for their stats. So i am afraid the next one will exactly look like a dungheap, and most ppl would still buy AND fly it withouth having any problem with it.

It's a shame that the new Klingon ship looks way better than that hideousnes Cryptic designed for starfleet.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit

Last edited by yreodred; 12-23-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
12-26-2013, 06:31 AM
I think the Avenger looks okay apart from the Engineering Hull aspect of it, which looks too bulky and too god damned ugly for a Federation ship. Saucer looks fine to me.
Commander
# 13
12-26-2013, 07:29 AM
The Avenger needs all of those weird shapes turned into more normal Star Trek ones... The egg saucer should become a true oval saucer (Galaxy turned 90 degrees, and made smaller and thicker), and the engineering hull looks like a poo painted white and fitted with a really strange, possibly alien, deflector array... It needs to become a more normal semi-cylindrical one without the ugly "tail" on it, and should get a far less terrible (And abnormal)-looking deflector dish...
These are the unoriginal voyages of the starship Aether. Its continuing mission: to explore boring new worlds, seek out Dilithium and Reputation, to boldly go where everyone has gone before.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
12-27-2013, 10:22 AM
No, no competition. Not after that travesty they called a "competition", not to mention what happened afterwards.
I agree that the avenger is ugly. It's a seriously ugly ship, ugly to the point where I just can't use it. I recall reading somewhere that cryptic will never again use a fan designed ship.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Commander
# 15
12-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
No, no competition. Not after that travesty they called a "competition", not to mention what happened afterwards.
I agree that the avenger is ugly. It's a seriously ugly ship, ugly to the point where I just can't use it. I recall reading somewhere that cryptic will never again use a fan designed ship.
Compared to the Chimera, it's 'nice'. The Chimera is the one I have trouble with...
Captain
# 16
12-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
I'm reasonably sure that they never want to hold another ship design contest after what happened in the first one. Can't say I blame them either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
And as I keep pointing out, the major source of contention was the giveaway of the name "ENTERPRISE". There would have been much less blow back if it was "Design the next C-store ship" rather than "Design the next ENTERPRISE Contest".
Captain
# 17
12-30-2013, 08:51 PM
The Avenger says "Humph!" and links to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVG9_m3DJzE
Captain
# 18
12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
The Avenger looks like that hard nosed drill sergeant in ship form, aka badass.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 19
12-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Btw. please not another design competition. The result of the Enterprise design contest is still causing me stomach ache.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit