Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2010, 02:46 PM
It's been ages since I've been involved in a game that was just a massive download like STO (beta). Is this common for the download process to be such a pile of you-know-what? I see dozens of threads full of people who have bad downloads after several (hour instensive) attempts. Just wondering how common this is (as I have nothing better to do (like play the game) since I'm attempting another download).
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
No this is very uncommon. if they had offered one dedicated torrent and then just made it all seed back into each other then we would all download it from one large pool making this all much more streamlined. instead they picked probably the worst file share site (Fileplanet) on the net and made it the official site to download, and fileplanet charges you membership or gives you very slow download speeds.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-14-2010, 02:12 PM
So, when the open beta is finished, will we have to go through this again when the head-start begins? Will it be a brand new download, or will we likely just have to patch? What did the closed beta people have to do when open beta started?