Lt. Commander
# 1 Help Computer Experts
01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Greetings,

I am hoping a computer expert may read this, or someone can point me in the right direction. i downloaded the open beta STO last night, and attempted to log in this morning.

I have a Mac Bookpro, with the following specs.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

The operating system is OS X Snow Leopard, which currently, is not supported by STO. Knowing that, I bought the software program "Parallels" which allows me to run the Windows operating system on my computer.

I have Windows 7, 64-bit currently installed. The computer has 4 GB of Ram, and a 256 Hard drive, solid state. It has two video cards, a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT.

When I attempted to log in this morning I received this message,

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating a texture.

Anyone one know how to fix this problem, or get me in the hands of someone who does?
Lt. Commander
# 2 Since then
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Since then, I posted this reply, getting no answers in another forum.

Okay, so I tried all your advice. Parallels customer service is now in touch with me, but from what you guys stated about the virtual drive, and what I have seen on specs for the virtual drive, that will not pan out.

Found out I have Boot Camp already installed on my Mac Bookpro, as I have Snow Leopard. Anyways, I created a Windows 7 - 64 bit partition, installed the steam application, and then STO open beta. Once again, I could not launch. However, this time it was:

"Couldn't find D3D device."

I then went to the NIVIDIA site, and down loader the driver program. It scanned and stated I needed to download, update some drivers. I did this, and it still did not work. I REALLY have no clue how this game is ever going to work. Nor, do I understand as I just bought this computer like 2 months ago, with all the latest in video cards.

Anyways, if anyone could help me, please do. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 07:53 PM
I am now currently stuck on the whole "couldn't find D3D device." Does anyone know what I can do to get STO to actually run on my computer?