Lieutenant
# 11
12-30-2013, 07:02 AM
I have exactly the same problem.
I have tried all suggested solutions, but still cannot edit any projects (I have tried a new, empty project as well as editing existing projects).

The only option left would be a complete reinstall of the game (again), however I am reluctant to do this, because it is becoming the default solution to all problems.
It appears that the devs need to take a good look at the "force verifying" option, because apparently this function is not working properly.
Captain
# 12
12-30-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm guessing that it willed be fixed in about a month.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
01-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Can anyone who is having this problem let me know their @handle and I'll pass the info on to see if there's any other advice for you and/or if there's something that can be done on our end.
Ensign
# 14
01-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Can anyone who is having this problem let me know their @handle and I'll pass the info on to see if there's any other advice for you and/or if there's something that can be done on our end.
@evilbrandon I cant even start one I've been looking into it but still dont know if its me.
Lieutenant
# 15
01-09-2014, 05:44 AM
@trill_scientist

does anybody know what version of the game steam is currently delivering? how big is the download in the launcher going to be afterwards?

is the download steam is offering even being updated at all?

i'm asking because for me steam is about 10 times faster than the cryptic launcher, and if i only need to get a few hundred mb through the launcher i might just reinstall the game...
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
01-09-2014, 10:36 AM
OK, if you've tried all of the suggestions offered above and things still don't work for you, a reinstall is probably your best option.

Steam should be providing the current build. If it didn't provide the current build, you'd get a version mismatch error and couldn't log in to the game. However, I know nothing about how it delivers the game or how long it would take.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Just to double check, did anyone suggest disabling on-demand patching?

@greendragoon
Lieutenant
# 18
01-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Really? You really couldn't be bothered to read 2 pages? Or even the very first post in this thread?

Back to topic: I will try reinstalling the game later tonight. Steam usually maxes out my connection, hopefully I won't have to download more than the last patch via the launcher.
Lieutenant
# 19
01-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
OK, if you've tried all of the suggestions offered above and things still don't work for you, a reinstall is probably your best option.

Steam should be providing the current build. If it didn't provide the current build, you'd get a version mismatch error and couldn't log in to the game. However, I know nothing about how it delivers the game or how long it would take.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Unfortunately Steam no longer provides a complete download of the game.
I cleaned out the local game files and started to reinstall the game, and all I got were ~150 MB. So all that is delivered by Steam is some version of the launcher which then updates itself twice. I then have to download the rest of the game (~12GB) in the launcher.

Of course this is exactly what I wanted to avoid because for me downloading a game from Steam is several times faster than any other platform I know.

Update: Reinstalling the game did not help, after 20 minutes of waiting I still only get "Waiting for editing server to start up and patching Foundry updates". CPU and network usage are stuck at 0-1%, so the game is not doing anything. Memory usage is 700.600 K and not moving either.

Last edited by trillscientist; 01-28-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 20
01-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trillscientist View Post
Unfortunately Steam no longer provides a complete download of the game.
I cleaned out the local game files and started to reinstall the game, and all I got were ~150 MB. So all that is delivered by Steam is some version of the launcher which then updates itself twice. I then have to download the rest of the game (~12GB) in the launcher.

Of course this is exactly what I wanted to avoid because for me downloading a game from Steam is several times faster than any other platform I know.

Update: Reinstalling the game did not help, after 20 minutes of waiting I still only get "Waiting for editing server to start up and patching Foundry updates". CPU and network usage are stuck at 0-1%, so the game is not doing anything. Memory usage is 700.600 K and not moving either.
I'm trying to track down some additional info/help for you.