Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 11
01-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Over all the years of Trek gaming, my favorite would have to be Elite Force. Ironically from my least favorite of the shows, but it had a great story, great characters and found a way to balance being a shooter with all that entails and still staying true to the shows.

Dang it, now I have to go an install it for some retro gaming goodness!
Elite Forces! Very nice choice.

First Person Shooter: I am with you on that choice. Elite Forces is definitely at the top of the list. I loved the Borg in that game.

Space Simulator: Starfleet Command, Starfleet Command II, and Starfleet Command III.
Captain
# 12
01-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Loved the Armada games, Elite Force games, Legacy, SFC 3...
I've actually got several games. Just don't have Bridge Commander. But I'd have to say Elite Force and Legacy are up there, along with Armada 2 and SFC 3.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2014, 11:28 PM
bridge commander, ds9 dominion wars, elite force, invasion of cardassia, legacy pc. in that order.

if you've never heard of invasion of cardassia, look into it. it's a small, simple, awesome, free game. actually its a mod for a free star wars game called battle of endor.

also, ds9 dominion wars is awesome. i still play through it once every couple years.
Fleet: Stargate-Union
Pizza: Pepperoni
Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
Career Officer
# 14
01-06-2014, 11:33 PM
1997's Starfleet Academy. Seriously, one of the best Trek games out there.

You know how theres a bunch of people who want to play STO from their Bridge? That was SFA. A first person Starship-flying Trek game. You even had your crew voice acted on their bridge consoles on screen. Ironically the worst part was not seeing your ship enough (only when the mission started and when going to warp, otherwise it was First Person and schematics)

And it wasn't all pew pew. You had scientific missions. When I was a kid I got stuck on one mission because I had to scan the hold of a freighter to stop it from being attacked by vigilantes but it had a cargo of Denebite blocking sensors. The game actually needed me to raise power to sensors to scan it.

Another mission set was a three parter where you have to stop a Mudd like pirate named Maggie Horn from using an Iconian Plasma Torp Launcher (that she stole from the Romulans) on this sun serpent threatening a star system. A 3 parter that got you being outtwarted by a bratty female Han Solo and it was really good.

Plus Bill Shatner, George Takei and Walter Koenig all appeared in it and Ron Jones did the score which was reused for Starfleet Command because it was so awesome.

Last edited by sirboulevard; 01-06-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Ensign
# 15
01-06-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't play these anymore, but I put countless hours into Elite Force 1 and Armada 1. Man, the time I spent in Elite Force's online play...until the community went to hell and it wasn't fun anymore. Dominion Wars was another until the game randomly borked itself. I haven't been able to get it to work on any computer since.

Weird thing with Armada, I once had a save on the final mission that reversed the teams so that I was playing as the bad guys. Only ever happened once. Anyone else ever get that?

Edit: And Starfleet Academy as mentioned above. How could I forget that little gem?
Career Officer
# 16
01-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarreous View Post
Edit: And Starfleet Academy as mentioned above. How could I forget that little gem?
Dunno, but I want the Gorn from that game as a option for our KDF characters.
Captain
# 17
01-07-2014, 03:44 AM
Even if I could count STO, I would list as my favourites Invasion. One of the first games I got for my PS1, and still so much fun. That is how you do a shooting game in Trek.

Generations was fun on the PC, and Elite Force was fun on the PS2.

But my all time favourite Trek game is A Final Unity. The only one I've played which felt like I was in an episode of the show. Got stuck at a point for years, which I only got past completely by accident while invading Romulan space messing around. Great voice work, great story, a point and click adventure of exploration and puzzle solving, with a nice bit of space combat thrown in every once in a while, but was only a minor part of the game and could be avoided with the right conversation options. A huge section of the galaxy to fly around an explore, even with uncharted systems you could fly to and explore, which then got added to the map. A library full of information you would probably never read (I did. Cos I'm crazy like that). Reports from the away missions and analysis from said missions turn up in the computer for reading afterwards. Random banter between the crew while you were sat idle in transit, including worf not wanting to play poker cos he's sure Riker cheats. I wish dosbox would work, I would so love to play that game again.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Republic Veteran
# 18
01-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Star Trek Invasion for the PS1. A great little gem, very difficult and has loads of cool new ships.
# 19
01-07-2014, 03:55 AM
Bridgecommander, which had a nice story and good graphics.

And not really a game, but Star Trek Captains Chair was super!
Captain of the federation starship U.S.S. Iridium.

In the end.... we`re all Ferengi!
Rihannsu
# 20
01-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarreous View Post
I don't play these anymore, but I put countless hours into Elite Force 1 and Armada 1. Man, the time I spent in Elite Force's online play...until the community went to hell and it wasn't fun anymore. Dominion Wars was another until the game randomly borked itself. I haven't been able to get it to work on any computer since.

Weird thing with Armada, I once had a save on the final mission that reversed the teams so that I was playing as the bad guys. Only ever happened once. Anyone else ever get that?
Wasn't Armada one of the games where you could play as any faction? I seem to remember it as being one of the real-time space combat games. I'm guessing it was setup so that the save files had something that went Player a: human, Player b: AI. I'm not completely sure, I haven't tried playing it recently.

Didn't one of the Armada games let you play as the Son'a?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.