Captain
# 21
01-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
I was in full instances about 6 hours ago.
Full, as opposed to full of afkers? If only rest of us can be that lucky.

1) Spend resources making content
2) Deciding that it's too successful as too many ppl is playing said content
3) Sabotage it so that nobody plays it anymore

Yeah, that makes sense.
Captain
# 22
01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
Full, as opposed to full of afkers? If only rest of us can be that lucky.

1) Spend resources making content
2) Deciding that it's too successful as too many ppl is playing said content
3) Sabotage it so that nobody plays it anymore

Yeah, that makes sense.
Enough players to capture and hold enough points to activate the bosses, and enough to kill all three bosses and pull the reward..... Ran it several times today, maybe 7-8 between 10am and 3:30pm eastern
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Career Officer
# 23
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Sometimes the Voth medics remind me of the early Romulan medics. Anyone remember the 20 minute fights with those guys? Ugh.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 24
01-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Sometimes the Voth medics remind me of the early Romulan medics. Anyone remember the 20 minute fights with those guys? Ugh.
I find the spec ops more annoying than the medics, they tend to play dead a lot.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Career Officer
# 25
01-07-2014, 07:05 PM
I can still solo points wearing my medic kit, with me and my away team using the blue tos phasers.

When I use physicist and my lobi time rifle it's silly...

The nodes where you wait for the canister to move down the rails has been a bit tough recently, but not undoable.

You just need your wits about you. You can't just spam kill everything.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Captain
# 26
01-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
Enough players to capture and hold enough points to activate the bosses, and enough to kill all three bosses and pull the reward..... Ran it several times today, maybe 7-8 between 10am and 3:30pm eastern
You got lucky with instances *and* don't have work during the day? That's swell for you.

If Cryptic is going this way, they need to raise instance cap to account for the afkers. But then ppl will flock back into the battlezone, and they'll have to nerf/break it a 2nd time so that it's again deserted as they wanted.
Captain
# 27
01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
You got lucky with instances *and* don't have work during the day? That's swell for you.

If Cryptic is going this way, they need to raise instance cap to account for the afkers. But then ppl will flock back into the battlezone, and they'll have to nerf/break it a 2nd time so that it's again deserted as they wanted.
I don't seen many during the day.... I work from 4:30pm to 1:00am, so I'm not on the game at night.... sometime am on after work around 2:00am... don't see many afk'ers then either. I guess it could be a USA prime time issue.
Captain
# 28
01-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Scaling was there for good reasons. They had to go ahead and break it. Now it's broken.
Captain
# 29
01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
I can still solo points wearing my medic kit, with me and my away team using the blue tos phasers.

When I use physicist and my lobi time rifle it's silly...

The nodes where you wait for the canister to move down the rails has been a bit tough recently, but not undoable.

You just need your wits about you. You can't just spam kill everything.
Indeed, in groups you may just be able to spam kill..... solo you have to chose your targets more carefully. Comes to the boss too, I've gotten miffed when someone at a boss location is shooting at the t-rex and ignoring the medics.... especially if they are their alone at first. Just yesterday lost one in an instance while I was running to it because three players there firing away at the rex while the medics were just happily syphoning off omega particles. If I hadn't been delayed by having spawners spawn right on top of me TWICE on the way there, might have been able to stop them too.
Rihannsu
# 30
01-07-2014, 07:41 PM
BZ with a real team is a lot like playing Breaking the Planet and having all the players walk around in a giant blob. Things die so fast you barely have to see what you killed.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.