Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Commander
# 121
11-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Same as the last poster. Not hearing all the sounds from other ships. Not sure if it's just Crystaline Entity STF or other places as well. But that is the first one where it was blatantly obvious.
Ensign
# 122
11-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Fresh install of the game, not one sound from the game at all. Can't seem to get any sounds out of the game at all. No other problems on the computer.
Survivor of Romulus
# 123
12-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Audio but no graphics when run normally.
Graphics but no audio in compatability mode (xp sp3).
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Ensign
# 124
12-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacharlmag View Post
Fresh install of the game, not one sound from the game at all. Can't seem to get any sounds out of the game at all. No other problems on the computer.
Same problem here. Kinda annoying.
Can anyone help me please? Pretty please?!
Commander
# 125
01-08-2014, 03:02 PM
My problem is that the game doesn't display some effects, such as gravity wells, tykens, gravitic rifts from dyson torp etc... I maxed out almost every graphics detail, reseted the HUD, but still, no effect. I have W8.1, and a Radeon HD7000 card with latest drivers. If someone could give a solution I would really appreciate!
Ensign
# 126
01-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Hi,

new player here and I noticed that the game self-mutes if I tab to another window (browser, skype). Is there any way to change this so the sound continues? I stream when I play and when I tab to skype and the game self-mutes, it also self-mutes on stream so viewers get interrupted audio and its just very inconvenient. I can understand the benefits of the feature but I'm hoping there's a way to toggle this off. I couldn't find anything in-game related to it.
Captain
# 127
01-17-2014, 05:03 PM
It says to post here, so I'll post here - though I was going to post a new thread - oh well...

So I upgraded to Win 8.1 earlier today and I have noticed the most curious thing...

I've got an ECS A780GM-A Ultra mobo with Realtek ALC888 sound. Before upgrading to Win 8.1, I had my in-game volume set to 20% and it was perfect. After the upgrade, even at 100% it is too quiet. Sound outside of the game is fine...it's just in-game...it's gotten so damn quiet.

Anybody else experienced this curious issue...?

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Ensign
# 128
01-28-2014, 05:39 AM
Since a couple of days ago, I've been getting these weird cracking sounds in STO. I hear them even when the game is minimized, and only when STO is running. I've messed around and experimented with everything and anything I can think of, options-wise, to no avail.

It has gotten to the point where I'm forced to turn off audio in the game options. Is there any solution to this issue? If I completely re-install the game, will it go away?

I want to be able to listen to audio!
Ensign
# 129
01-29-2014, 01:19 PM
I would like to chime in. I too am getting those strange cracking sounds every now and then, even when the game is minimized/tabbed out and thus muted. It really is quite annoying, and after reading a giant - now closed - thread about it, I'm still lacking any sort of explanation or solution for it.
Ensign
# 130
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Is there any way to disable footstep sounds? I see posts about people complaining they're gone, but I wish I had that trouble. For me, footsteps always sound like random speaker popping/crackling. Nothing else, just footsteps. It's awful. I don't want to lose other sounds, but I'd really like to get rid of this...