Working on the text cutoff issue now.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
01-08-2014, 04:27 PM
There is another way to stop ARC.

Throw the CHEESE!

Either that or we're stuffed.

... We're stuffed.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
01-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Just one thing for clarification.
As a user of the normal STO launcher is there ANY way to avoid ARC?
Doubtful they have made it clear that it will replace all current normal launchers.

How it will work with steam, I don't know. Steam uses the same launcher, but is launched via steam...

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Lieutenant
# 24
01-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Honestly? I hate it with every fiber of my being. I hate it so much, I just finished removing it. I hate it so much that I will NOT be downloading or playing any PWE games other than STO for the foreseeable future.

FYI, I wanted to get Champions Online and PWI, but the ARC client is so terrifically awful that I decided not to download them before I removed the client. Please do NOT continue development of ARC.
Hey Worffan,

To clarify, I believe that your test results are for the old version of the client. We just released a new beta client today, so it's worth noting that your your experience may change if you elect to check out the new version.
Captain
# 25
01-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Doubtful they have made it clear that it will replace all current normal launchers.

How it will work with steam, I don't know. Steam uses the same launcher, but is launched via steam...
Then the choice is clear, since they leave us no option...
Which is sad, since i liked STO in spite of everything that happend.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Commander
# 26
01-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezstravus View Post
Hey Worffan,

To clarify, I believe that your test results are for the old version of the client. We just released a new beta client today, so it's worth noting that your your experience may change if you elect to check out the new version.
You can roll excrement in glitter but it will still be excrement.

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
Commander
# 27
01-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Hey dezstravus,

I don't want ARC at all I don't want to have to change my launcher from the normal STO launcher that I have now.

Why are we being forced to have something we don't want. Also when is the KDF costume bug going to be fixed?

Listen to the players this is going to make a lot of people mad that they are being forced to ARC when no one wants it.

I await your reply
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Actually i don't mind if they pay me to use Arc...lol...let say $0.01 per mins...With the money i can buy zen...haha...
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
01-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezstravus View Post
Hey Worffan,

Nope, that was today's client. Thank you for making the effort, although I would have been much happier if you had focused on making the games better than on a software gimmick.

Seriously, with the time, new hires, training, and money it took to design this, how much C-store content could you have come up with? I mean, this doesn't make any financial sense. I have read enough to be certain that I am far from alone in my opinion of ARC, and I daresay that I represent the majority view. By implementing this software, you are, if I may be so blunt, pissing off your player base with a useless gimmick that everyone hates while failing to add new content (which is what attracts and retains players).

Thank you for your response.

worffan101.
Captain
# 30
01-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Write this on a sticky note and bring it to the guy in charge of developing ARC.

"Make it optional, forever."

Because my personal take on ARC? A big, fat, Grumpy Cat NO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Closed Thread