Captain
# 231
01-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panserbjorne39 View Post
using the latest version of Chrome, I'm able to view fleet holding projects but am not able to contribute to them. I can go through the process but when i click to donate commodities, boffs, etc. nothing happens.

I'm having the same problem with MSIE.
Ensign
# 232
01-16-2014, 01:59 PM
I've had the same problem ever since STO Gateway came out, regardless of platform (Safari, Chrome, IE). I haven't seen any dev acknowledge that the issue exists, even though many have reported it on this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 233
01-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Same here...

To follow devs' instructions, my specs:

Browsing with a Samsung Galaxy S2+ on Chrome via a fast home ADSL
About the rest, please bring back doff system alive as it was prior to dilithium extortion on academy services.
Ensign
# 234 Website Access
01-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this is still active or if you even care about the gateway. However, if so, the one thing I'd like to see is the ability to pull information (such as fleet roster) to a roster via some kind of api (xml or json).

Thanks!
Ensign
# 235 Minigame of Sorts
01-27-2014, 09:20 PM
I think it would be useful to turn Gateway into a bit of a minigame...Well, minigame isn't the best term. Access to DOff missions, being able to collect rewards, start new missions, etc. Perhaps also Reputation management? Then putting these into a mobile app for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone 8. One step at a time, of course, but there is almost no point to Gateway at this point. Yeah I can see what I've got on my ship, down to weapon/device/etc details, but I can't change them. I saw mention of accessing mail via Gateway. Definitely would be nice. Some nice Quality of Life improvements that would make Gateway much more useful.
-----------------BEGIN SIGNATURE-------------
ME: genejg@geneijg - USS KAPPA SIGMA II (Avenger-class), INDEPENDENCE VII (Odyssey-class SCI)
Admiral in Rank, Captain in name and action
"What is to give light must endure the burning"
Lt. Commander
# 236
02-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneijg View Post
I think it would be useful to turn Gateway into a bit of a minigame...Well, minigame isn't the best term. Access to DOff missions, being able to collect rewards, start new missions, etc.
THIS was the plan, until all went broken and the project saw no updates seemingly abandoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdvd
I don't know if this is still active or if you even care about the gateway.
I came here wondering about it too.

I fear they already don't give more a damn by a lot of time,

having incurred in the notorious difficulties we still report and never see fixed, with no bugfixes, improvements, updates, even an answer on this official page.

NO news or word about, we can only suppose they biten more than they could munch again and abandoned without even declaring it, waiting it to fade away in memories,

Cryptic-style.

D'Angelo, despite many I have trust in you and the harshily needed changes you can make in the development process,

I have found optimism again for this game after a remarkable amount of time...

My first suggestion for you is to please take a look on the Gateway project,

having anyone say a word about it ASAP,

so we may at least know what went wrong, if that's it, and if it's nothing irremediable, (restart?) work on it to make it what it was meant to be from day one.
About the rest, please bring back doff system alive as it was prior to dilithium extortion on academy services.
Captain
# 237
02-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Is there a way to improve the graphics in the gateway?

I have a new computer and can run the game at max settings, but when I log into Gateway all my Boffs look like minimum settings and resolution. It's a pretty stark contrast and I would think that there would be less of a graphics issue rendering the single image of them for the website.

Is there a settings option that I've missed?
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Ensign
# 238
02-16-2014, 09:44 PM
I don't suppose we'd ever get the ability to look through our captain's logs, would we?

People who have been playing STO for a while might remember the old character profiles on the STO website which were essentially the precursor to the current Gateway. Among one of the features of the character profiles was the ability to view captain's logs, including any supplemental entries added by the player.

Would be nice to get that back in the Gateway.
Captain
# 239
02-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4evar View Post
I don't suppose we'd ever get the ability to look through our captain's logs, would we?

People who have been playing STO for a while might remember the old character profiles on the STO website which were essentially the precursor to the current Gateway. Among one of the features of the character profiles was the ability to view captain's logs, including any supplemental entries added by the player.

Would be nice to get that back in the Gateway.
That would be great. Might make one more...careful what remarks they make in their log though
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Commander
# 240
02-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaind3 View Post
Is there a way to improve the graphics in the gateway?

I have a new computer and can run the game at max settings, but when I log into Gateway all my Boffs look like minimum settings and resolution. It's a pretty stark contrast and I would think that there would be less of a graphics issue rendering the single image of them for the website.

Is there a settings option that I've missed?
I've noticed this as well, and came here to request the same. In the past, I was able to view my bridge officers just as I see them in game. As of... a month ago, maybe? they're locked into low-quality, "textures still loading, please stand by" mode.