Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 BROKEN Exploration Missions
01-15-2010, 07:42 AM
DONT DO EXPLORATION MISSIONS ASKING YOU TO BEAM DOWN TO PLANET YOUR GAME WILL CRASH !
after doing a few of the exploration missions in the closed beta and the space ones doing just fine i get a few to go to planet and beam down ( DONT DO IT ) go try another one till its just have a look arround space .
I have reported this in the crash log and re reported this in game through the bug report nothing has been done so if you dont want to crash and have your entire game to be scaned and that takes time dont opt for the one that asks you to investigate a planet

FATAL ERROR: Failed to load data for map
"Maps/Star_Cluster/Ext/Cry_Mtnn/Sc_g_Crymtnn_Scnc1_003/Sc_G_Cyymtnn_Scnc1_003.Zone"
:the crc or version number of the data on disk dose not match what the code is expecting
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Well, I have no issues on planets, but that sounds like a messed up file (possible bad patch of the file). You might want to consider reinstalling/patching the game and see if that helps. A pain, I know... but it may solve it for you and it's more of a pain not being able to do those missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 08:15 AM
i have
i dont have any other issues with planets its only been the ones in the missions from Lieutenant Grall
Exploration
Explore the Delta Volanis Cluster
Explore the Arucanis Arm
Explore the Hromi Cluster

its just thease that if you happen to pop into one and it says go to the planet and beam down thats being a problem
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy_hicks_1972 View Post
i have
i dont have any other issues with planets its only been the ones in the missions from Lieutenant Grall
Exploration
Explore the Delta Volanis Cluster
Explore the Arucanis Arm
Explore the Hromi Cluster

its just thease that if you happen to pop into one and it says go to the planet and beam down thats being a problem
I beamed down to one of the planets in the Arucanis arm last night, seemed to work fine for me. I have a feeling this is a random problem, not specific to any one or group of missions, because I did one from Admiral Whatsahoogie also last night and had nothing but problems. I did however finally notice the "Continue Where You Left Off" (or something to that effect) button after the second time crashing at the end of a long episode with multiple instances - very handy and worked like a charm. Even fixed a bug issue I had where my away team wasnt showing up when i beamed down.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Beam down works fine for me. My problem was that the Delta Volanis mission I did was bugged. Killed all three groups it told me to and didn't give credit for one, rendering the mission incomplete. /bugged it at least.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 08:38 AM
A few planetary missions are graphically messed up (missing lighting textures etc) but they are working.