Lt. Commander
# 1 Severely Broken
01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
When I log in from the launcher, I get to the "Connecting to Log In Server" screen, which then times out.

When I then log in from the blue & black log-in screen, it immediately says "Disconnected from Account Server" and kicks me back to the log-in screen without pause.

It doesn't matter how many times I try, these messages are consistent and unavoidable at this point.

PS: I've been playing off and on since open beta started including several times today. Lt 8 at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 09:30 PM
What did you guys just do, push a button to let me in? :p

At character select screen now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I still cant get past the connecting to account server, this beta is not as open as others...lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2125 View Post
I still cant get past the connecting to account server, this beta is not as open as others...lol
After several painful and time consuming tries i finally got connected only to be DC'ed in 10 mins, i know OB is filled with these things but its kinda out of hand here. Technical problems would be the BIGGEST turn off for alot of people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustystrike
After several painful and time consuming tries i finally got connected only to be DC'ed in 10 mins, i know OB is filled with these things but its kinda out of hand here. Technical problems would be the BIGGEST turn off for alot of people.
Maybe a coincidence but I went into the STO launcher and turned the proxy setting from US to none and turned on fast launching and I was able to connect this try. Might be a fluke but give it a try if you also set your proxy to US.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxone View Post
Maybe a coincidence but I went into the STO launcher and turned the proxy setting from US to none and turned on fast launching and I was able to connect this try. Might be a fluke but give it a try if you also set your proxy to US.
I'll try that.

Thanks, that seems to have worked like a charm!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJimGregory View Post
I'll try that.

Thanks, that seems to have worked like a charm!
I just noticed I'm getting heavy rubber banding in the game now. Trying to relaunch and see. You going well?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxone View Post
I just noticed I'm getting heavy rubber banding in the game now. Trying to relaunch and see. You going well?
So far so good. I was crashing every time I beamed from planet to ship today. Now it seems to be working fine. Not much rubber-banding noted. Not like yesterday anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
NO!!! I just tried and chanced the proxy on mine and I still 'time out'