Captain
Ok all you true believers. I have a few of my own dream mashups, using the Heros vs villians on Dc/ Marvel. I would love to see a mini-comic series with the following:

#1 Hulk vs Doomsday

#2 Wolverine vs Solomon Grundy

#3 Ironman vs Lex Luthor

#4 Spiderman vs The Joker

#5 Thor vs Darkseid

#6 Superman vs Galactus

#7 Batman vs Kingpin

#8 Green Lantern vs Magneto

#9 Wonder Woman vs Venom

#10 The Flash vs Dr. Doom

Of course you can have a few few cameos from the Marvel Heros to help out, but Those would be cool comics if pen very good. What do you think, and do you have your own wish vs type comics.
Captain
# 2
01-10-2014, 11:20 AM
A DC/Marvel crossover series was already done, back in the '90s. For reasons too complex (read: silly) to go into here, it became necessary for heroes from each universe to fight to determine which universe would continue to exist, and which would be extinguished. In the end, the active forces behind each universe refused to go, and the Living Tribunal merged them into an amalgamated universe. The combined titles were published as "Amalgam Comics", and written as if they'd been around since the Golden Age.

Got some interesting characters out of it, too; my favorites were the Super-Soldier (Superman/Captain America), and Dark Claw (Wolverine/Batman) and his sidekick Sparrow (Jubilee/Robin).
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
Ok all you true believers. I have a few of my own dream mashups, using the Heros vs villians on Dc/ Marvel. I would love to see a mini-comic series with the following:

#1 Hulk vs Doomsday

#3 Ironman vs Lex Luthor

#5 Thor vs Darkseid

#6 Superman vs Galactus

#7 Batman vs Kingpin

#9 Wonder Woman vs Venom

Of course you can have a few few cameos from the Marvel Heros to help out, but Those would be cool comics if pen very good. What do you think, and do you have your own wish vs type comics.
Hulk, Wolverine, Luthor, Joker, Darkseid, Supes (because ridiculous OP), Batman, Magneto (duh), WW, Dr. Doom.

Seriously, man, Green Lantern VS Magneto? Magneto would kick Hal Jordan's ass ten times out of ten. Magneto pwns.

And Dr. Doom would just bring a million Doombots and surround the Flash, then have his Doombots shoot in every direction at once, literally making it impossible for Flash to escape.

Also, HULK SMASH.

jonsills: Oh, I remember those. God, that entire mess was just AWFUL, especially the backstory. Although, the Amalgam line was pretty cool for a while.
Captain
# 4
01-10-2014, 02:25 PM
#1 Hulk vs Doomsday
not a fight. Maybe a pilates workout for Hulk. In the end, he'll get a nice collection of bone toothpicks.

Interesting. I see Wolvie as winning this, but I'd be intrigued to see the fight.

#3 Ironman vs Lex Luthor
Depends on how cocky Tony is. It could be a good fight though. I'm assuming LL's power armor?

I'm assuming Peter Parker in the Spiderman role? Depends on what age. When he's less young & brash and more world-weary, I think this could be a good matchup.

#5 Thor vs Darkseid
Hmm, yeah. I would be interested more in a vs involving Darkseid and Apocalypse at his strongest (but then, knowing Magneto finished him off at his apex in the "Age of...", I'm not sure he'd last long against Darkseid, so ya, Thor)

#6 Superman vs Galactus
Galactus. Supes is tough, but Galactus munches whole planets

#7 Batman vs Kingpin
Where do I subscribe?

Which GL?
hmm... can magnetism at the level Magneto generates bend hard light?

#9 Wonder Woman vs Venom
Interesting, very.

Which Flash? Barry might stand a chance. I'm not sure Wally would

My own picks? Um...
Hawkeye vs Merlyn,
Green Arrow vs Mandarin,
Dr. Fate vs Loki
S.H.I.E.L.D vs League of Assassins
Captain
# 5
01-10-2014, 02:25 PM
I disagree on the GL/Magneto matchup. Lantern energy is nonferrous, so Magneto's powers would have no effect on a GL's energy constructs; meanwhile, since the power of the ring is limited only by its user's imagination and willpower (and, of course, the 24-hour limit), any attack by Mags could be easily defeated. (Unless, of course, you're using the older rings with the weakness to yellow, in which case Erik could use some yellow-painted metal...)
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
01-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
I disagree on the GL/Magneto matchup. Lantern energy is nonferrous, so Magneto's powers would have no effect on a GL's energy constructs; meanwhile, since the power of the ring is limited only by its user's imagination and willpower (and, of course, the 24-hour limit), any attack by Mags could be easily defeated. (Unless, of course, you're using the older rings with the weakness to yellow, in which case Erik could use some yellow-painted metal...)
No, no, no, no, no--it's an awesomeness thing. GL is pathetic. PATHETIC. Magneto pwnzors everything in his path. He is literally the greatest comic-book villain ever. GL can't cope.
Captain
# 7
01-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
right, which is why I pondered whether Mags could generate an EM field strong enough to distort the light of a power ring. Otherwise his best hope is to try to shred the GL with a hurricane of iron filings and bits.
Commander
# 8
01-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post

#1 Hulk vs Doomsday

#3 Ironman vs Lex Luthor

#5 Thor vs Darkseid

#6 Superman vs Galactus

#7 Batman vs Kingpin

#9 Wonder Woman vs Venom

#1 too close to call, really. I'd say Doomsday simply because he can't be killed and because he fought Supes to a standstill (and nearly killed him). But if someone said Hulk I wouldn't argue... and Hulk is who I would WANT to see win.

#2 Wolverine

#3 Ironman

#4 Spiderman

#5 Thor

#6 Superman

#7 Batman

#8 Green Lantern

#9 Wonder Woman

#10 The Flash
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Captain
# 9
01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Wolverine
Captain
# 10
01-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Depends on where the GL vs. Magneto fight was. In a Junkyard or City, then it would be an interesting fight. A place with no magnetic materials and GL will win. The ability to create anything out of nothing means GL will always win unless Magneto can find a school bus.