Career Officer
# 11
01-10-2014, 07:49 AM
How about a show about a crew of Breen... done entirely in subtitles.

Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 12
01-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
How about a show about a crew of Breen... done entirely in subtitles.

lol an anime then?
Captain
# 13
01-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenfelix69 View Post
a much more dark side to the star trek universe
How are Klingons "dark"? IMO, a better word to describe them is "hard".

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by orangeitis; 01-10-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Typoville. Population: Me.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
01-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenfelix69 View Post
filmed in the sane way the latest battle star shows were filmed, a much more dark side to the star trek universe
So basically, ridiculously over-the-top teen-angsty rubbish, just like that hideous T&A "reimagination" of Battlestar Galactica?

I'll give you my opinion when I get back from the bathroom, right now the very idea's making me throw up.
Captain
# 15
01-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
So basically, ridiculously over-the-top teen-angsty rubbish, just like that hideous T&A "reimagination" of Battlestar Galactica?

I'll give you my opinion when I get back from the bathroom, right now the very idea's making me throw up.
Concepts can cause you to vomit? You might want to see a doctor about that...
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Whatever we eventually come up with and pitch to CBS, I want it to have Worf and a bunch of swords.
Captain
# 17
01-11-2014, 03:46 AM
I would like to see more "going where no one has gone before". Let's skip a couple of decades past STO to the mid-25th century, where the Federation has developed Quantum Slipstream Drive to the point that it can be used for intergalactic travel, and focus on a ship (or small task force of ships) that is sent out on the Federation's first foray into another galaxy--the Large Magellanic Cloud. Call the series "Star Trek Magellan", and name the main ship the Magellan as well if you need a catchy sounding name.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Captain
# 18
01-11-2014, 09:09 PM
What about a show based on TOS era Klingons? Their culture was more believable (or at least less over the top) and could be used as an analog for the culture clashes we face in the modern world.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Commander
# 19
01-12-2014, 11:03 AM
I personally feel that Star Trek is supposed to be set specifically around the Federation because ST is all about Humanity's voyage into growth. Though one darker side of the Federation is Section 31, which is intriguing to me. They could have a series set around Section 31 headquarters, hidden clandestinely on a colonial facility on some planet where no one would build a facility.
They could have an experimental Federation ship they use on their missions. I think it would be cool, kind of like Star Trek meets a blend of "James Bond" and "Nikita." That would make for something people would want to watch, with espionage, action, conspiracy, and Orion females. I would have set during the current Iconian Wars.

"Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
# 20
01-13-2014, 08:10 AM
My idea for a Star Trek series would be set after Nemesis, have a new crew take over the Enterprise E that way we get old casts make guest appearances, storyline set in between Nemesis and the events of what happened in Star Trek 11. The other idea I have is make a Star Trek series set in the STO era. My third idea is have a series set after the events of ST09 but before STO era. Fourth idea, have the series set in Daniels future maybe. Personally should do this one later after the other series which continues the prime-verse storyline.

Last edited by raj011; 01-13-2014 at 08:16 AM.