Lieutenant
# 1 'Healed Hulks Nightmare!'
01-11-2014, 05:52 AM
Greetings, STO Veterans.
I am having a devil of a time trying to complete this particular mission. When I get to the third satelllite. I have to deploy a 'away' team to make repairs to this satellite, only to find two Cardassian warships, one, a Galor-Class, and one, a Hideki-Class, who I, with my Excalibur-Class cruiser, can't provide proper fire support protection to. My ship has one forward quantum torpedo launcher, and a forward phaser array, and one aft quantum mine launcher, and one aft phaser array. Is there anything I can do to significantly INCREASE the kick these weapons dish out to bring these attacking vessels to heel?
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-11-2014, 05:57 AM
What level are you and what bridge officer powers do you have?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-11-2014, 05:58 AM
Fire at will is a good way to get all the attention on you - the satellite isn't firing back so as long as you don't run away and keep hitting both ships regularly, they should focus on you. Getting them off the satellite is more important than killing them, unless you can just vaporize one of them out of the gate, which isn't going to happen with a lower level cruiser.

More beam arrays would also help with that, as with limited boff slots at your level its pretty much impossible to fully support such a diverse loadout.
Captain
# 4
01-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwormack214 View Post
Greetings, STO Veterans.
I am having a devil of a time trying to complete this particular mission. When I get to the third satelllite. I have to deploy a 'away' team to make repairs to this satellite, only to find two Cardassian warships, one, a Galor-Class, and one, a Hideki-Class, who I, with my Excalibur-Class cruiser, can't provide proper fire support protection to. My ship has one forward quantum torpedo launcher, and a forward phaser array, and one aft quantum mine launcher, and one aft phaser array. Is there anything I can do to significantly INCREASE the kick these weapons dish out to bring these attacking vessels to heel?
You need a better ship. Not sure how you're even getting that mission at T2. But the way Cryptic has fouled up the leveling system in this game, with their cut'n'paste antics, I'm not surprised. You can try to aggro them both, lure them away, and take them out one a time, while trying to stay alive, but you really should have a bigger ship.
This all happened... more, or less.
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnkirk4 View Post
You need a better ship. Not sure how you're even getting that mission at T2. But the way Cryptic has fouled up the leveling system in this game, with their cut'n'paste antics, I'm not surprised. You can try to aggro them both, lure them away, and take them out one a time, while trying to stay alive, but you really should have a bigger ship.
That mission unlocks after the Devidian arc, which is really low in the story.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 6
01-11-2014, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
That mission unlocks after the Devidian arc, which is really low in the story.
No kidding? It's been a while but I thought it was higher.
This all happened... more, or less.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-11-2014, 07:04 AM
IIRC it actually unlocks after the first mission of the Devidian story arc.
Lieutenant
# 8
01-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
What level are you and what bridge officer powers do you have?
I would have to say that by the standards of most of the veterans who're sitting in the 'center seat', I'm pretty lame. My character is a Lvl 16 Tactical Lt. Cmdr. I've accumulated a considerable list of bridge officer skills, that I'm trying to get a handle on (Think "Blake's 7 When the rebel/convicts first discover the 'Liberator'.
Lieutenant
# 9
01-11-2014, 01:38 PM
This may not be what you want to hear, but the Traelus system satellite repair missions are daily repeatables, so a) you don't have to do it now, and b) if you drop it, you can always pick it up from Drake at any point in time later.

I'd recommend dropping it for now, then getting a few levels under your belt - at least to the next tier and a new ship, then going back and doing it again. Like all missions, its level (and the level of the reward items) will scale to whatever level you are when you complete it.
Lieutenant
# 10
01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaeldisanto View Post
This may not be what you want to hear, but the Traelus system satellite repair missions are daily repeatables, so a) you don't have to do it now, and b) if you drop it, you can always pick it up from Drake at any point in time later.

I'd recommend dropping it for now, then getting a few levels under your belt - at least to the next tier and a new ship, then going back and doing it again. Like all missions, its level (and the level of the reward items) will scale to whatever level you are when you complete it.
As 'badly as I am doing at this mission, I'll take any and all the advice I can get. To paraphrase a certain Vulcan, "My ego will stand the bruising."

Last edited by wdwormack214; 01-11-2014 at 08:21 PM.