Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
The stfs and all endgame content, is just way too easy. Doesn't matter if its space or ground. The word Elite must mean something different to all the Devs' as well as all the players who have complained, which made them get nerfed. Couple that with power creep and the quality of the gear, makes for some boring game play. What i would propose would be for Elite missions to be bumped up a few levels and any future ingame content with the elite tag, be made space and ground as well as the enemies have extra AI, skills, some extra damage, some extra resistance and force us to use a sci., or eng. more often to be able to complete the missions. Me and my fleet mates, and quite a few friends have been here since the beginning of the game, besides their friendship there isn't much keeping us here anymore.



The challenge is what end game is suppose to be all about, joining groups or fleets to make it happen. The items we have obtained since playing, have outgrown the missions we do. To all the cry babies out their that complain that everything is to hard, SHUT YO FACE!!! LOL, this is not a rant, just someone wanting a bit of challenge in this game, I want more than to just press space bar, 1, and 2.



RISA SQUADRON 4 LIFE
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 2
01-11-2014, 09:57 AM
>_< NOOOOOO The STFs are too hard! NERF DEMMMMM! I should just get the Omega Marks when I warp in! /e sarcasm
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,481
# 3
01-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I want a Tholian themed Stf. Maybe capturing that mirror ship?
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,869
# 4
01-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
~~~
--the problem mmorpg's have, is that they are mechanically antique.
--the interface is not up to par. clunky and unresponsive even without lag.
--the powers and classes are a mechanically unfixable mess thanks to the antique trinity.
--the benefit to narrowing the ingame environments to just solo pve, pug team pve, preset pve and sandbox pve, wonk fix the unscalability of the atique trinity, so its not going to help balance functionality anywhere else.

even if this was a pve game, the npc design still needs a complete rework, and the trinity class system still needs abandoning in favor of another

the unanswered questions:
how do you challenge the 'defender' class without npc's ohking the attacker?
how do you challenge the 'attacker' without dps walling the defender?
how do you challenge the 'healer' without going so far as making it iether useless or immortal?

not even WoW could do that with the time and money they put in, because the trinity model itself cant cope.
thats whats wrong with endgame pve.
and it wont change so long as trinity fanboys keep pretending the trinity system is somehow devoid of flaws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
# 5
01-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Aye there way to friggin easy! Considering i now have all the gear and am playin purely for fun; theres more fun in puggin than playin with my fleet/friends cos as a fleet we blow stuff up to fast and theres no challenge.

Kindda contradictory when u consider that stfs were supposed to bring fleets/friends together, not encourage them to play seperately if they want a challenge.

I mean does any1 ever play STF's on normal.. its dificulty is like the tutorial, except the tutorial is harder cos its confusing

Sort it out Cryptic!
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
# 6
01-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
I want a Tholian themed Stf. Maybe capturing that mirror ship?
I love the concept of STF's (not borg).. coff coff Terradome. Actually playing some of the other levels on Elite dificulty can be more challenging than any STF and lets face it theres plenty of story missions you can play on elite that most of have nvr returned to. Maybe it would be nice if something rewarding was granted for going back and grinding theese missions on elite. Just a thought.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
# 7
01-11-2014, 11:04 AM
There definitely needs to be some end game challenging content. The Hive is about the only STF - and I agree with Muzziah - the normal mode STF's are like the tutorial in difficulty - there is none. The ground bosses are wimps, I mean infected queen (Gozer hated that term) but she used to hit hard, I guess the gear wasn't as good then though.The Elites should be leveled one more above the players and given other powers - think of the octohedron in the hive when it comes to the bosses. Most of the problem is the gear (fleet, lobi) that have outgrown the NPC's.
Other end game content would be great outside of the borg, there must be hundreds of maps that could be used to make new STF's with different enemies, one in which other classes could be useful.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 8
01-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
thats whats wrong with endgame pve.
and it wont change so long as trinity fanboys keep pretending the trinity system is somehow devoid of flaws.
What are you talking about? STO doesn't have a trinity, We have DPSers, DPSers, and DPSers. Healers are useless, and Walls cant hold aggro because they don't have any skills to do that. Healers don't have useful Sustained healing to be useful, and DPSers are the only thing that's useful, because everything in sto requires Massive DPS and NOTHING else.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,869
# 9
01-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
What are you talking about? STO doesn't have a trinity, We have DPSers, DPSers, and DPSers. Healers are useless, and Walls cant hold aggro because they don't have any skills to do that. Healers don't have useful Sustained healing to be useful, and DPSers are the only thing that's useful, because everything in sto requires Massive DPS and NOTHING else.
hello trinity fanboy.
see, you are wrong, while almost any ship in this game can do damage, there is very much a negative effect from the trinity still afflicting this game. though this point isnt put under pressure so much in pve as it is in pvp, where the "tank" class has been utterly excluded as the useless pile of **** it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 10
01-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
hello trinity fanboy.
see, you are wrong, while almost any ship in this game can do damage, there is very much a negative effect from the trinity still afflicting this game. though this point isnt put under pressure so much in pve as it is in pvp, where the "tank" class has been utterly excluded as the useless pile of **** it is.
To quote your mentality...

"You are wrong, Trinity Hater, because in STO classes mean nothing, because in STO you don't need healers or tanks, and Sure all ships can do everything," but tell me, whens the last time u saw anyone running ships designed to only do Healing or Tanking?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM.