Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
So its been a week since I could see when mirror invasion was up and I was excited to FINALLY get some expertise for my Rom toon for rep projects. I queue up and engage.

Loading screen.....

loading screen....

MORE LOADING SCREEN......

yup, just like every other time I queue for and pve content loading screen time outs. Its like clock work. I can't fly from one side of a sector to another with at least 2 lag spikes.

when I finally load there is only one group left to kill before the boss spawns. Ok, no problem, I cloak and hit full impusle, but nothing is happening. "thats strange" I think, but I have unfortunatetly seen this before. the obvious sign I'm lagging. I cut power to engines knowing when I come out of the lag spike I will rubberband several dozen km forward. and just on queue I shoot from the spawn to just over the star base. lovely....business as usual I suppose. I position myself to where the boss spawns. I buff up and decloak when the boss spawns and....nothing....my cloak doesnt drop. I activate all my skills, just pressing anything, everything...nothing. I click cloak again, so now its supposed to be back up, then click it again to drop it, the icon indicates its on cd and I should be out of cloak but no, I'm not. invasion over so I click "leave map" disgusted. I go to queue up again but guess what? now I have an afk penatly. REALLY!? haha this is just adding insult to injury. You guys take a break and it takes you a week to restore BASIC game mechanics and when its finally back the game is so laggy I'm actually penalized by it?

Now I have a decent enough computer. I run most games on their highest settings, its not top of the line but its a solid enough computer. I have verizon fios connection and this is the ONLY game that lags for me. I wont even get into the week I couldn't log into the game during the risian event because of some ISP dispute involving verizon and some sub contractors which made me miss out on getting the free ship on all but one of my toons.

I'm just venting here. I have empathy for the people who work for this game. I used to work for a video game publisher so I understand the internal pressures and how despite best intentions things never really work out the way you hoped when at the end of the day you work for a business. There are quotas and managers who have to look at the bottom line. I'm passionate about this because this IP is freaking STAR TREK. Its sacred to me. But when I think about how much I'v spent supporting this game the way it punches me in the fun bags every time I log in I feel I deserve a rant or two.

I know nothing will change, nothing can change, but I need to get this off my chest. I'v been waiting all day to finally do mirror and the first time I queued up I got screwed over. I should be surprised...but isn't thats the sad thing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verusisrael View Post
So its been a week since I could see when mirror invasion was up and I was excited to FINALLY get some expertise for my Rom toon for rep projects. I queue up and engage.

Loading screen.....

loading screen....

MORE LOADING SCREEN......

yup, just like every other time I queue for and pve content loading screen time outs. Its like clock work. I can't fly from one side of a sector to another with at least 2 lag spikes.

when I finally load there is only one group left to kill before the boss spawns. Ok, no problem, I cloak and hit full impusle, but nothing is happening. "thats strange" I think, but I have unfortunatetly seen this before. the obvious sign I'm lagging. I cut power to engines knowing when I come out of the lag spike I will rubberband several dozen km forward. and just on queue I shoot from the spawn to just over the star base. lovely....business as usual I suppose. I position myself to where the boss spawns. I buff up and decloak when the boss spawns and....nothing....my cloak doesnt drop. I activate all my skills, just pressing anything, everything...nothing. I click cloak again, so now its supposed to be back up, then click it again to drop it, the icon indicates its on cd and I should be out of cloak but no, I'm not. invasion over so I click "leave map" disgusted. I go to queue up again but guess what? now I have an afk penatly. REALLY!? haha this is just adding insult to injury. You guys take a break and it takes you a week to restore BASIC game mechanics and when its finally back the game is so laggy I'm actually penalized by it?

Now I have a decent enough computer. I run most games on their highest settings, its not top of the line but its a solid enough computer. I have verizon fios connection and this is the ONLY game that lags for me. I wont even get into the week I couldn't log into the game during the risian event because of some ISP dispute involving verizon and some sub contractors which made me miss out on getting the free ship on all but one of my toons.

I'm just venting here. I have empathy for the people who work for this game. I used to work for a video game publisher so I understand the internal pressures and how despite best intentions things never really work out the way you hoped when at the end of the day you work for a business. There are quotas and managers who have to look at the bottom line. I'm passionate about this because this IP is freaking STAR TREK. Its sacred to me. But when I think about how much I'v spent supporting this game the way it punches me in the fun bags every time I log in I feel I deserve a rant or two.

I know nothing will change, nothing can change, but I need to get this off my chest. I'v been waiting all day to finally do mirror and the first time I queued up I got screwed over. I should be surprised...but isn't thats the sad thing?
I actually just had this happen to me, during the Mirror Unvierse event as well, same circumstances, I was cloaked, it wouldn't let me decloak, or fire, and I was flying around despite engines being set for zero.

I wonder if this is a bug connected to the cloaking device itself or the Mirror Universe?