Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,605
# 11
01-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Wait, there's end-game content? I thought it was all just one giant face-roll. /sarcasm
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,283
# 12
01-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Wait, there's end-game content? I thought it was all just one giant face-roll. /sarcasm
I hope you were lying about the sarcasm because the rest of the comment is true!

We need a new difficulty level of "elite" Where the current 'elite' is renamed "Intermediate" and the new "Elite" gets a pre-Nerf Hive space level of difficulty, where with the right team composition including a science player it is a near faceroll but with the wrong team comp it's silly difficult Brain over spambar and all that They should also get some AI guys in to redo the AI with something capable of fighting back.

All previous content (Story, multi-difficulty fleet actions...) should be retrofitted with the new difficulty levels so people can get some practice.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,237
# 13
01-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
To quote your mentality...

"You are wrong, Trinity Hater, because in STO classes mean nothing, because in STO you don't need healers or tanks, and Sure all ships can do everything," but tell me, whens the last time u saw anyone running ships designed to only do Healing or Tanking?
see, thats not my mentality. i just wouldnt use a spanner to do the job of a screwdriver. so you can be happily, doubly, wrong.
reason you dont see dedicated tanks or healers, is because tanks dont put kills on the scoreboard, and are ignored in favour of neutralising dangerous targets, and healers are the same, but have added extra weakness to spike damage.

this has forced sto into a hybrid system, though still based on the rubbish trinity. the rpg trinity is a system for ~5 man pve. and thats all its good for.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 14
01-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
see, thats not my mentality. i just wouldnt use a spanner to do the job of a screwdriver. so you can be happily, doubly, wrong.
reason you dont see dedicated tanks or healers, is because tanks dont put kills on the scoreboard, and are ignored in favour of neutralising dangerous targets, and healers are the same, but have added extra weakness to spike damage.

this has forced sto into a hybrid system, though still based on the rubbish trinity. the rpg trinity is a system for ~5 man pve. and thats all its good for.
First of all, trinity works, WoW shows us that... However STO doesn't have a Hybrid trinity, or even a trinity system at all...

In STO All Classes can do... DPS, Healing, Tanking, and Spam.

All Classes can mix, Survival, Tanking, DPS, and Spam together.

STO is a "sandbox" when it comes to character specing.

Now heres where your comment is wrong... STOs trinity system ONLY applies in PvP, and that's because of how Min/Maxing works.

In PvE theres no use for Tanks or Healers, because NPCs either do No damage, or they 1 shot, Tanks cant survive a 1 Shot, healers cant heal a 1 shot. So there is no trinity in PvE...

Now PvP, Min/Maxing, is basicly Specializing in 1 thing to make you EXTREAMLY effective at it, and having your team Specialize in the thing u cant do. (Its not exactly that, im being very general) Now having a specialized healer+4 Speced DPSers > 5 DPS/Heal Hybrids. This is the only reason Trinity exists.

Now, The fact is, trinity has NOTHING to do with Modern STFs. Now, if the Trinity System were effectively intergrated into STFs? Now that would be diferent, It may even add challenge. Why? Because then you would have to be GOOD at your role as either Tank or Healer. Anyone can strap 5 DHCs on a Scimitar, and autofire at a cube.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 15
01-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I hope you were lying about the sarcasm because the rest of the comment is true!

We need a new difficulty level of "elite" Where the current 'elite' is renamed "Intermediate" and the new "Elite" gets a pre-Nerf Hive space level of difficulty, where with the right team composition including a science player it is a near faceroll but with the wrong team comp it's silly difficult Brain over spambar and all that They should also get some AI guys in to redo the AI with something capable of fighting back.

All previous content (Story, multi-difficulty fleet actions...) should be retrofitted with the new difficulty levels so people can get some practice.
Well ATM There are 3 difficulty levels in STO... What should happen is...

Normal Should stay the same...
Advanced Should become harder...
Elite Should Become Harder...
A new difficulty above elite should be added. Say Epic, and make ALL NPCs basicly "Smart" Give them healing, and TELL THEM to heal themselves and Ally's in a smart and efficient way.

Another way to increase difficulty is Distribute NPC DPS...

Currently, NPCs hit once every 30seconds, and hit for over 100k... They should distribute the damage, Instead of a beam doing 8000 Damage, it should do 1000 Damage and hit 8 times. Consistant DPS makes the game harder, because it requires sustained Thinking of healing, and people to crossheal, While Massive Spike either doesn't kill u at all, or instantly kills you.

Any spike NPCs should do should be channeled in a way that its defendable, or SubNukeable, for instance Beam Overload, or a 12second charge attack (Think Donatra)

That would be a good way to start on difficulty increase. because 1 of the roots of the difficulty problems is NPC damage. Difficulty isn't generated by being hit for 200k when u spawn (Yes im looking at you Hive)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 16
01-11-2014, 10:42 PM
I would rate the earlier incarnation of CCE, and Terradome as the hardest contents in STO PvE. But apparently we cannot have challenging stuff in STO.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 17
01-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
I would rate the earlier incarnation of CCE, and Terradome as the hardest contents in STO PvE. But apparently we cannot have challenging stuff in STO.
Definitly Poker, I want terradome back, NOT A revamp, NOT a nerfed version, Old terra where it took 4 hours to beat Deja Vu, And when Sulu dieing failed the game , AND When you had to figure out Which 1 was Sulu, Then protect him.

Old CE wasn't hard, It was annoying, The fact was a good team would own it, But it was easily ruined by a moron Warping in and kiting the shards the wrong way.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,605
# 18
01-11-2014, 11:20 PM
I want Horrordome back, per-nerf Hell Onslaught Extreme, and pre-merge Suicidal Task Force missions.

Just saying.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 19
01-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Definitly Poker, I want terradome back, NOT A revamp, NOT a nerfed version, Old terra where it took 4 hours to beat Deja Vu, And when Sulu dieing failed the game , AND When you had to figure out Which 1 was Sulu, Then protect him.

Old CE wasn't hard, It was annoying, The fact was a good team would own it, But it was easily ruined by a moron Warping in and kiting the shards the wrong way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Definitly Poker, I want terradome back, NOT A revamp, NOT a nerfed version, Old terra where it took 4 hours to beat Deja Vu, And when Sulu dieing failed the game , AND When you had to figure out Which 1 was Sulu, Then protect him.

Old CE wasn't hard, It was annoying, The fact was a good team would own it, But it was easily ruined by a moron Warping in and kiting the shards the wrong way.
Yup. Terradome was epic. I used to plan and waste whole weekends around it. First of all, finding a team ready to go through all that was in itself an epic task. Sometimes you had to wait days outside of NGC-2447 just so you can make a full team. Once you got a full team and got the mission going, you were in for some ride. Sadly, I only got to complete the mission in one of my toons. Then deja vu got broken and no matter how many times we tried, it would always fail.

Same with old CE. Since it was something different from what people were used to, you always had tough time getting a group together to do it. And when you did find enough ppl to group up, somebody or other would always screw up leading to endless series of facepalms, followed slowly by ragequits one after another. And then fail. Like terradome, only one of my toons got to complete and get the trophy for CE before they took it out. I'm glad that they changed the scoring mechanism for the new CE so that dps is not everything anymore, but honestly new CE could still have been a bit more tougher.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,526
# 20
01-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Now, if the Trinity System were effectively intergrated into STFs? Now that would be diferent, It may even add challenge. Why? Because then you would have to be GOOD at your role as either Tank or Healer.
The Game would die, because most ppl who pug wouldnt have any chance to complete a mission, hence get frustrated and leave the game.
Thats why we -unfortuanetely- have no challenging endgame, the common player is just to dump and has problems completing the isolinear-chip minigame


Oh, for premades of course, nothing would change.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 AM.