Captain
With all the revamping for Klingon War, you must have had time to at least look at the mission in question.

I guess I'm just astounded how it's been this bad since the first city revamp.
Captain
# 2
01-13-2014, 03:18 PM
What's wrong with it?
Captain
# 3
01-13-2014, 03:48 PM
There's a section of an interior map that doesn't always render. When that happens, what you end up with is transparent voids that behave like solid walls and floor. Took me awhile to figure it out, but I was eventually able to find my way.
Captain
# 4
01-13-2014, 03:55 PM
The whole thing rendered fine for me when I ran through it on my Klingon. *Shrug.*
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirohellfire View Post
The whole thing rendered fine for me when I ran through it on my Klingon. *Shrug.*
Yeah, I ran through it... a week or two ago? and it was working fine.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
01-14-2014, 11:44 AM
This was noticed on the Foundry version of the old First City map and I did some informal testing to see what makes the geometry disappear. What I found is that it seems to be an issue with the graphics settings, specifically with the option that says "display high detail objects" or something similar. Some of the map geometry (walls and floors) are tagged as high detail objects, so if that option isn't checked they don't appear.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 7
01-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
This was noticed on the Foundry version of the old First City map and I did some informal testing to see what makes the geometry disappear. What I found is that it seems to be an issue with the graphics settings, specifically with the option that says "display high detail objects" or something similar. Some of the map geometry (walls and floors) are tagged as high detail objects, so if that option isn't checked they don't appear.
As I was the One who found the Foundry Problems with the Old Qo'Nos Maps, I worked with Drogyn and Selecting "Show High Detail Object" did solve the problem in this case.

I would suggest that you test this solution for the Episode in Question and See if this Solves your problem

Look Forward to your Response.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Me and another friend took a fleet mate through that episode just the other day and had the same problem. While it wasn't difficult to complete the mission, just disorienting, it's still odd as Cryptic has been touting the revamped Klingon missions yet this one has a major flaw to it. It'd also be nice to have the new Qo'nos map instead of the old one (though it did bring back warm fuzzies to see it again).
Rihannsu
# 9
01-14-2014, 11:09 PM
I LOVE the old First City map. I understand why they changed it. It really wasn't appropriate for a social zone. It took 5 minutes or so just to walk from the transporter pad to J'mpok's office. But it's still a lovely map design.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 10
01-15-2014, 03:39 AM
Also rendered fine for me....

IF there is anything wrong with "Blood of the Empire" then
1) the Qo'noS orbit map looks totally different to the actual social map. That's a massive immersion breaker.
2) Cpt. Kagdar needs the same awesome voice over he received in the tutorial missions.
STOWiki admin.