Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Ensign
# 11
01-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcnathanps35 View Post
I had to make a new copy of the document and no matter how many times I refreshed the window it never changed. I tried starting from different view screens still just got pineapple. I checked with the chat channel then just to make sure and someone checked and said no pineapple here. Not sure what else to do.
@hcnathanps35

A couple things to try:
1) Go to the Google Drive page and click the more option then go to all items. That's were your doc history is kept and delete any item listed for the doff trekker sheets. After that try again. It might be something cached that is causing the issue on Google's end.

2) If option one does not work, try clearing all data from your browser's cache and do step 1 again. Also try in a different browser; I had to stop using Firefox then IE due to weird issues that started to pop up when I used them. I use Chrome now, try that if you dont use it already.

3) Sometimes the sheets like to choke on themselves when you load a different tab. For example with me sometimes when I load the sheet after its been closed for a while and I click on my toon's tab at the bottom, it will not load fully and I have to refresh the page a few times to get it to finish. This isn't the sheet or the code, its Google being stupid or under load.

I hope one of those options helps solve your problem.

Happy Doffing.
"STO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what bug you're gonna get."

Original Join Date: Jan 2010
Career Officer
# 12
01-14-2014, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
A very minor bug note - keep meaning to mention it in the editor's note. The KDF mission "Suppress Gorn Uprising" gives an error when you do the timestamp. The "complete" countdown cell gives a 'value' error - hovering over the cell, the message is: "error: Not a number: 12:00.00"
OOOPS! - fixed
(the numbers for the timers are on the editor sheet, fixes it for all users instantly, no need to update anything on your end)

Quote:
I had to make a new copy of the document and no matter how many times I refreshed the window it never changed. I tried starting from different view screens still just got pineapple. I checked with the chat channel then just to make sure and someone checked and said no pineapple here. Not sure what else to do.
what admsim said

and

techincally speaking "Pineapple" is only written on the Mirrors when they (usually) temporary loose connection to the Editor Sheet.
The DOffTrekker imports the data from one of the 8 Mirrors.
If The DOffTrekker screws up an import from the Mirror, or that mirror is unreachable completely then it will just write errors or N/A all over the timers...

that stuff usually goes away on its own when the google servers wake up again.

Last edited by zerobang; 01-14-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
01-18-2014, 09:21 AM
@admsim

Thank you for your suggestions. I tired removing all history and cookies still getting pineapple. Thanks for all your hard work I loved it a few months ago. I thought after I posted it might have been because I was using a mac but windows machine is doing the same thing.

@zerobang

I will keep trying.

It's only after I make a copy just making sure I was clear.

Last edited by hcnathanps35; 01-18-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
01-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
OOOPS! - fixed
(the numbers for the timers are on the editor sheet, fixes it for all users instantly, no need to update anything on your end)
Thanks!

Quote:
@admsim

Thank you for your suggestions. I tired removing all history and cookies still getting pineapple. Thanks for all your hard work I loved it a few months ago. I thought after I posted it might have been because I was using a mac but windows machine is doing the same thing.

@zerobang

I will keep trying.

It's only after I make a copy just making sure I was clear.
@hcnathanps35

Another thought - make sure you are making a copy of the DOFFTREKKER 3 document (the middle link at bit.ly/doffs), not one of the viewscreens. Also, "Duplicate" tabs, don't "Copy" the tabs, once you have the copy of the doc in your Google drive.

I've never seen pineapple except with the viewscreens. Copies of the viewscreens won't work, I hope this helps.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Career Officer
# 15
01-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Duh man it had been so long I forgot about the tabs on the bottom now I feel stupid :-;
Career Officer
# 16
02-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Just started using this and loving it. One question. Is there an abbreviation guide for the sectors. Most of them I know or can figure out but once in a while I'm stumped.
Ensign
# 17
02-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluz View Post
Just started using this and loving it. One question. Is there an abbreviation guide for the sectors. Most of them I know or can figure out but once in a while I'm stumped.
The "Glossary" tab of the spreadsheet lists the sector abbreviations.
Career Officer
# 18
03-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluz View Post
You can find a "Glossary" Tab on the Viewscreens or the Editor Sheet, if you want to have it on your own DOffTrekker you can copy it by rightclicking on the Tab and selecting "Copy to", then select the Sheet where you want it.

---

can you guys tell me when the DST change is through in the US if the Sheet has addapted properly to it or if the timers are off again?
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
03-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
---

can you guys tell me when the DST change is through in the US if the Sheet has addapted properly to it or if the timers are off again?
Worked correctly!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Captain
# 20
03-18-2014, 04:11 AM
I love this spreadsheet. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen!
----
@DevolvedOne