01-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Ideas for the next rep chain:

NONE.

Say it with me now.

NONE

NONE

Enough with the damned GRIND FESTS. Nothing is worth this. Stop adding GRIND REP TIERS in place of ACTUAL GAMEPLAY CONTENT.

Grind is NOT content.

Say it with me now: NO MORE REP CHAINS!
I say this on behalf of a poll I conducted with my Klingon Fleet AND my Federation Fleet and they have said the following:

HELL TO THE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The grinding recently came to a hault with T5 on both, we want time to relax and enjoy the game like LONG before this starbase nonsense came out. Let us breathe, give some content to Klinks, like ships and to the Romulans. Work on S9, fix some of these ridiculous bugs and pay those programmers on what they are supposed to do, fix and create or vice versa as PWE has proven countless times.

We love the game, but for the love of God no more till summer!
Empire Veteran
# 32
01-14-2014, 01:34 AM
Honestly, I hope for no more reps in the current modelfor a while.

Don't get me wrong - with the way they handled the Dyson rep the grind is not, IMO, unbearable. The last of my 4 alts will hit Dyson T5 this evening, with the combination of sponsorship, daily commendations and trading marks for additional commendations it has been fairly painless, mainly because I have not been overly fussed about getting the rep gear. The expansion of the game universe has also been quite decent, especially the hints that the Voth are engaged in a full-scale war with the Borg - which also explains why the Borg have not fully committed to an assault on the Alpha Quadrant.

My major concern is that the system is starting to creak under the weight of the passives - my characters now have 20 each! - and it seems to be making balancing both PVP and PVE increasingly difficult.

What I would like future reps to do is avoid the endless stream of passive (or not so passive!) abilities and instead take their lead from the Summer and Winter events, focussing on unlocking gear, costumes and ships instead of abilities.

That would, IMO, remove much of the power creep while still giving players something to work towards. A Dominion rep could work towards being able to buy Vorta and Jem'Hadar BOffs, for example. Reps can be used to give players more choices and build options - diversity rather than power creep.
Empire Veteran
# 33
01-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
How about a PvP rep?

*runs from screaming horde*
And while we're at it only the winning team gets the marks/commendation, and full AFK penalty in place. With bonus marks for most kills, most healing, most damage and most damage resisted. Also make it go to Tier 6 to set it apart from the PvE rep.

Also add some pvp queues that are cross faction and disables premades, so pugs can pug and the premades can queue vs premades if they still insist on doing so

Last edited by ankokuneko; 01-14-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Captain
# 34
01-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post
My major concern is that the system is starting to creak under the weight of the passives - my characters now have 20 each! - and it seems to be making balancing both PVP and PVE increasingly difficult.
Why not give us passives that provide benefits that have nothing to do with combat, instead?
Captain
# 35
01-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Why not give us passives that provide benefits that have nothing to do with combat, instead?
Because they would be useles. Utterly useless.

Including accolades, I have hundreds of passives listed on my character. "20" is no big deal. And I do mean hundreds!

You all act like this is new. It is decidedly NOT.
Captain
# 36
01-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
ideas For The Next Rep Chain:

None.

Say It With Me Now.

None

none

Enough With The Damned Grind Fests. Nothing Is Worth This. Stop Adding Grind Rep Tiers In Place Of Actual Gameplay Content.

Grind Is Not Content.

Say It With Me Now: No More Rep Chains!
No More Rep Chains! No More Rep Chains! No More Rep Chains!
Captain
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-19-2014, 05:29 PM
I would suggest a general reputation. A special set for both the fed and Klingons, and depending on your diplomacy level can get up two tier 3 in the enemy factions console/weapon set. These sets should have decent 2 piece bonuses but rockin 3 piece set bonuses so as to make it worth while having characters in both factions. Another part of this would be ship customization, ultra rare boffs and doffs, NPC outfits and better weapons for each side.
Rihannsu
# 39
02-03-2014, 06:07 PM
i'd like the current reps being revamped prior to a new one being added, or at least in conjunction with.

i was hoping for a dominion rep a while back before the lock box came out and you had to spend lobi to get the mk xii jem set. :/
Rihannsu
# 40
02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Hard sale.

Heck science is ignored mostly, its usually some kind of damage boost or defense boost and honestly its already somewhat hard to get people to actually run it without benefits, Nukara was simply dumped by a lot of people when they learned they didnt put a Dilithium and Marks bonus at the end.

As "fun" reps would be they would have to be entirely painless and would have to use the same model as the embassy, there is some room with this like having a Rep system that would work like the Mine holding with just 3 tiers and each providing a discount on projects costs with a strait line that might incline people into running gear projects since when I look at the Nukara set I just go "nope, not worth the horror" but a 5 tier 100k XP to unlock stuff like emotes and some consumables? nope.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!