Career Officer
# 11
01-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Resolved and issue which was caused the Republic Dress Uniform's pants to be in the skirt category.
Finally.

But did you fix the Republic Dress Uniform top for female romulans? It makes my character look fat. I looked forward to that uniform when I bought lifetime sub and until that gets fixed, I won't use the outfit.

I pointed it out here, with screenshots http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=935611

If it isn't fixed yet, could you at least put it in your known issues list please?

Hail your new Overlord!
Career Officer
# 12
01-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Klingon Characters can now claim K'Gan (the bridge officer from the Klingon Tutorial) at the Klingon Academy.

Look for the Klingon Personnel Auditor to get the bridge officer.
This applies to Klingons who were created before the Tutorial was added, or Klingons who have dismissed K'Gan from their crew rosters.
That's awesome and I look forward to it.

But what about what's-her-name Feds get in the new Fed tutorial? Are you guys working on a way for characters created before season 8 to get her? I hope so because I kinda like her.

Edit: Also, are you going to do the same thing for Toven Khev from the Romulan tutorial? I know someone from Cryptic said a while back you were going to find a way for us to be able to dismiss him from our crew.

Hail your new Overlord!
Rihannsu
# 13
01-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post

But what about what's-her-name Feds get in the new Fed tutorial? Are you guys working on a way for characters created before season 8 to get her? I hope so because I kinda like her.

Edit: Also, are you going to do the same thing for Toven Khev from the Romulan tutorial? I know someone from Cryptic said a while back you were going to find a way for us to be able to dismiss him from our crew.
You can already get Elisa Flores from SFA on a pre-existing character. There is a NPC by LT Ferra in the room where you do the Lore Daily
@deniedexistence
Captain
# 14
01-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Quote:

If you think about Elisa Flores, she is available in the academy, by talking to a NPC between the 2 DOFF related NPC, in the quizz room. As for the other BOFF, they are only available to new players.
Tovan is given to any Rom, even if you skip the tutorial.

Career Officer
# 15
01-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniedexistence View Post
You can already get Elisa Flores from SFA on a pre-existing character. There is a NPC by LT Ferra in the room where you do the Lore Daily
Oh my! Thank you. I had no idea I could get her that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
If you think about Elisa Flores, she is available in the academy, by talking to a NPC between the 2 DOFF related NPC, in the quizz room. As for the other BOFF, they are only available to new players.
Tovan is given to any Rom, even if you skip the tutorial.
What I meant is that Toven Khev can't be dismissed from your crew. Period. Players have been requesting for a way to get rid of him. Personally I like him myself. My question was if they are going to come up with a way to dismiss him but also be able to replace him if we wanted him back, like with K'Gan and Elisa Flores.

Hail your new Overlord!
Rihannsu
# 16
01-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ya, the pve in this games to hard now
In shuttles?

Vault its not very harsh because they fight in corridors and can even be wiped without effort if you can cloak and dont destroy the turrets as they will take care of the Reman Scorpions.

Gamma us a different ballgame, the DS9 section ... I would say its not too hard but you can get reset because you didnt target the working bees and they had time to finish their job and the escape section can get you killed because 1 vs +10 is not exactly fair.

What else? that Romulan mission with loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of Elachi shuttles and walked? This is a good example of why you cannot just "retrofit" a Fleet Action into a mission.

This leave us the Vault Fleet action that as far I have played always lead into failure ... oh, apparently PvE in the game IS in fact HARD when it comes to smallcraft, at least as grouped content goes.

I do appreciate your response because I just knee reacted to that but I knew it was coming, the problem is not as much as the console but rather the majority of smallcraft events, the Romulan mission is pretty much something that I active avoid for because LOL balance were best way is just cloak and wait about half a hour as even player teams cannot competent take out the waves, there is a reason why that queue is so dead to begin with and its not just the "rewards" being lackluster ... its a horrible, horrible, horrible place regardless if its the Romulan Mission or the Fleet Action, worst if you happen to be flying a Romulan smallcraft since those are so inferior due to LOL balance (hint, -40 power because of ONE singularity ability is NOT balance)
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-15-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm a die-hard PVEer and I think the shuttle change is fine.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
01-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Quote:
What I meant is that Toven Khev can't be dismissed from your crew. Period. Players have been requesting for a way to get rid of him. Personally I like him myself. My question was if they are going to come up with a way to dismiss him but also be able to replace him if we wanted him back, like with K'Gan and Elisa Flores.
One of the more dangerous/troublesome things to do in software development is change fundamental assumptions of systems that other features have been built on. In this case, all Romulan content was built with the fundamental assumption that all Romulan-faction players would have Tovan Khev. I won't say "never", but it is extremely unlikely that we will ever make him dismissable, and would be a non-trivial amount of work to do so and still make existing mission content work.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Captain
# 19
01-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
One of the more dangerous/troublesome things to do in software development is change fundamental assumptions of systems that other features have been built on. In this case, all Romulan content was built with the fundamental assumption that all Romulan-faction players would have Tovan Khev. I won't say "never", but it is extremely unlikely that we will ever make him dismissable, and would be a non-trivial amount of work to do so and still make existing mission content work.
As annoying as he can be having to rework all the romulan missions hardly seems worth it just so we can get rid of him. An extra boff slot being available free to romulans would be nice though, since we are stuck with 1 we can't get rid of and, atleast in my case, will never use for anything.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Captain
# 20
01-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Ouch. That really got me. I can't really quit STO because I have a lifetime subscription, but... dammit...

But Tovan Khev can still be in every mission even if he isn't in someone's roster! Just make him an NPC.

Come on Hawk, give us some hope.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!