Career Officer
# 11
01-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Look, it's not that I don't agree that there are other things that MIGHT be better... But the foundry is a ridiculously weak tool for creating actual impressive missions, and adding entirely empty station interiors would go far in letting the creativeness of the authors go really free.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 12
01-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I don't think he knows that this is the foundry section of the forums... Just saw a title, and went nuts.
Ah, I see.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.
Rihannsu
# 13
01-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Look, it's not that I don't agree that there are other things that MIGHT be better... But the foundry is a ridiculously weak tool for creating actual impressive missions, and adding entirely empty station interiors would go far in letting the creativeness of the authors go really free.
In cases like Empok Nor, you wouldn't even need to clean out all the consoles, though that would be nice. just remove the mountains of crates dumped in random locations...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 14
01-10-2014, 12:35 PM
i skipped past the Foundry bit lol gotta love phone and small text lol

My bad....
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
# 15
01-11-2014, 04:03 AM
I like the idea, Would i use these plain maps, yes, do i anticipate them being added soon, not really

still a nice thought though

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 16
01-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
As someone who often re-purposes maps, vanilla versions of each map is something I've wanted for a long time. That said clearing out all the objects for each map would be a time consuming process. It's not something I'm expecting in the near future, and they may decide that such time is better spent towards assets for an interior editor.
That would be the problem. The maps are, as someone already pointed out, all one solid object not like our custom foundry ones that are put together piece by piece. I wish they would edit the ds9 map so we can accesss ops, and Quark's. We still don't have K7 either even though a lot of the foundry pieces look like they came from there.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 17
01-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
That would be the problem. The maps are, as someone already pointed out, all one solid object not like our custom foundry ones that are put together piece by piece. I wish they would edit the ds9 map so we can accesss ops, and Quark's. We still don't have K7 either even though a lot of the foundry pieces look like they came from there.
Well then duplicate them and remove them...

I've worked quite a deal with Blender, 3D Studio, Lightwave and a few other 3'd programs in the past, and if I had the raw map files, I don't think it would take me long to remove said clutter and then send it back to them to add to the foundry.

I think I could do it in a day or two... Someone with more experience than me, might take no more than 3-4 hours doing it, and patching any holes.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 18
01-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Speaking of which, I am currently building a mission over the OLD Earth Spacedock map and there are random lamps all over the place, even hovering in mid-air. Who on Earth released the map in that state? I've had to build them into the plot line in order to use it! If they fix it and make it plain, I'll have to rewrite the mission. But yes, even if they don't re-do current maps future maps should be stripped from as much as possible. That way we don't have the problem of interaction with existing consoles.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Captain
# 19
01-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Well then duplicate them and remove them...

I've worked quite a deal with Blender, 3D Studio, Lightwave and a few other 3'd programs in the past, and if I had the raw map files, I don't think it would take me long to remove said clutter and then send it back to them to add to the foundry.

I think I could do it in a day or two... Someone with more experience than me, might take no more than 3-4 hours doing it, and patching any holes.
It is too bad Cryptic does not work with the foundry community in this way. There are loads of creative types like yourself who would love to roll up their sleeves and do this type of work for free.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR