Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Captain
# 21
01-15-2014, 07:43 PM
So I see space rep powers are still on shared CD ... and the CD is NOT back to 3 mins for tetryon cascade. Is this being worked on ... or did you change your mind once again. I appreciated your comment in the other thread that you were looking at alternative.

I feel this is incredibly severe nerf to tier V power which is actually very cool but absolutely NOT overpowered. Don't forget that we toiled to get this on all of our characters. It is not very smart to take away a hard earned reward just like you wouldn't nerf a P2W console from lobi store. Your players will remember this kind of thing ... and won't be so eager to do the grind next time ...

In any case having it on any shared CD will essentially kill its usage.
Captain
# 22
01-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
One of the more dangerous/troublesome things to do in software development is change fundamental assumptions of systems that other features have been built on. In this case, all Romulan content was built with the fundamental assumption that all Romulan-faction players would have Tovan Khev. I won't say "never", but it is extremely unlikely that we will ever make him dismissable, and would be a non-trivial amount of work to do so and still make existing mission content work.
Easy solution, since Romulan players are stuck with him, just give them all an extra boff slot. Problem solved and no horrible coding changes necessary.
Career Officer
# 23
01-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Quote:
One of the more dangerous/troublesome things to do in software development is change fundamental assumptions of systems that other features have been built on. In this case, all Romulan content was built with the fundamental assumption that all Romulan-faction players would have Tovan Khev. I won't say "never", but it is extremely unlikely that we will ever make him dismissable, and would be a non-trivial amount of work to do so and still make existing mission content work.
OK then. Sounds logical to me. I actually like Toven, but I was thinking of the players who literally want to throw him out an airlock because they can't stand him. I think Toven's voiceover work was really good though.

How about this: make it so we can get D'vex again from the episode Devil's Choice for romulan republic characters.

I didn't find out he had a good space and ground trait until months after I obtained, and threw away, him on my first romulan republic character. There seems to be no way to reobtain him.

Make D'vex like the Jem'hadar bridge officer you can get from the episode Facility 4028: Limited to 1 per character, but you can choose D'vex as a reward upon episode replay. If you already have him you would get a message saying you can't have more than 1 and you will either have to get rid of the D'vex you already have, or choose 1 of the other replay rewards. Pretty please?
Self Portrait
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
01-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Quote:
How does allowing us to delete him at level 50 have anything to do with the prior Romulan story line?
If he is hard coded into the story, fine, but at level 50 he is just annoying and wont stop taking over mission contacts....

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
01-15-2014, 09:54 PM
The problem is probably what happens when you replay a mission where Tovan is supposed to be there.

But still - why not just make the original Tovan a silent NPC once he is dismissed or renamed? Have all the missions refer to a generic "Tovan Khev" who is just assumed to be there in those missions, in the way that Tovan Khev is present on ground in the Khitomer mission, but is not actually our boff?

Having no way of getting rid of Tovan Khev is breaking immersion, because every single Romulan captain has one. This was a bad idea, as it takes away the player's individuality.

The Klingon team did it much better.

Last edited by sophlogimo; 01-15-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
01-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Perhaps find a way to stuff him away until the mission where he is required?
I honeslty do not want him on my bridge.

Yet he is always there no matter what position I give him on the ship.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
01-15-2014, 10:02 PM
In the Klingon Storyline, there is an NPC (Alexander) who works exactly like Tovan Khev should have been implemented.
Republic Veteran
# 28
01-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
How does allowing us to delete him at level 50 have anything to do with the prior Romulan story line?
If he is hard coded into the story, fine, but at level 50 he is just annoying and wont stop taking over mission contacts....
Episode Replay.
Republic Veteran
# 29
01-15-2014, 10:24 PM
I do not care much for the PDS change at all.

And as for Tovan.....can't you just make him shut the frak up? He is so annoying to listen to. Honestly, I want to turn my weapons on him and shoot him.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Lieutenant
# 30
01-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140108a.4

[[*]Duty Officers: [list][*]Vulcan Adept: This active roster ability will now be triggered only once by the Reman trait Mind Drain.
What do you mean by this? Is this about Dr. Sibak and cooldown reduction for psionic powers?