Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Subscription
01-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I have all the problems everyone else is experiences but my problem is with the payment to play this game in the long run. If Cryptic where to take this game back and spent another year revising the game a bit then worked on all the bugs again. Then re-release the beta to see what we think about it again then it would be worth maybe 100 dollars for a year subscription but asking us to pay almost 200 dollars even though they have a deal going that makes it 150 dollars on a game that they won't be able to fix all the major bugs by the time the game comes out, is asking to much for anyone to pay especially in these times. So I wanted to know if anyone else though about this
Lt. Commander
# 2 yeahhhh
01-15-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm not so concerned having worked as a tester in the industry these buggers are not so bad really. I understand your concern but i would suggest giving them the beta and 2 weeks of full version. I think cryptic are doing very well we must all appreciate the stresses they are deliberately placing on their servers to ensure paying customers get the service they deserve
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Uh huh... why did you post this in bugs? This is a general STO topic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
Uh huh... why did you post this in bugs? This is a general STO topic.
Exactly...try being a tester instead of a person who paid to play the game before it was out please. I realize that applies to about 98% of the people that have access right now so try and keep up folks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 07:22 PM
/raisehand
I would like to call a vote that this be moved to the genereal topics area.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Both hands up....
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Your points are valid but your in the wrong place to post your grievance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-15-2010, 08:01 PM
I hear what you're saying but I think it's premature. Wait and see what the retail version of the game looks like. I've been playing the beta for just a few days and already I've noticed massive improvements in server stability etc.

I think there will be bugs at launch but let's wait and see if they're biggies. Also, buying a year's subscription to any MMO is a gamble. I'm sure STO will look very different in a year's time quite apart from any bugs. It's part and parcel of buying such a long subscription.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it but that's me.

I think you have to appreciate that launching an MMO is a bit of a delicate art. You have to hit the launch point at just the right part of your development cycle so that you can be earning the money to develop the game as you are still developing it. They just can't afford to take this game back in house for a year as you suggest. That's a simply HUGE sum of money you are talking about there.

This definitely is posted in the wrong place though lol