Career Officer
# 11
01-15-2014, 05:51 AM
Biggest problem with shuttle pvp is universal consoles, when one hit of point defense can wipe out all 5 of the other team, why are you even playing?
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-15-2014, 08:31 AM
A pds will not kill another player from full in my experience. And using any universal console with an ability is a huge opportunity cost since you are significantly losing out on vaping potential. In branflakes previous shuttle events the best performers were all vapers with battlecloaks curbstomping shuttles with uni consoles
Captain
# 13
01-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
but there is many ways of one-shoot a shuttle without too much work, i think it will be more frustrating than fun, at least with the current state of things.
I dunno. I think that sort of plays to expectations. People EXPECT a mighty starship to take a fair amount of beating before it goes down. People EXPECT a simple fighter plane to go down in flames when you empty your guns into it. In ship combat, they are frustrated when their ship seemingly explodes instantly while enemy ships are seemingly impervious to all harm. In shuttle combat, anyone can die, and your revenge on the guy who killed you is just one good volley away. No shuttle can sustain-tank damage indefinitely like a ship can.
Career Officer
# 14
01-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Shuttle PvP is the closest you can get to a level playing field:

1-2 ensign boff powers
1-2 devices
2 forward mounted weapons only (so no mines)
3 console slots
Standard setup for: Deflector, engine, core, shield

Set bonuses, Rep passives are the only thing giving you any more clickable tray powers, so use that PDS if you want then enjoy the 3min CD hopefully the shuttle (with 24 turn) didn't dodge outta your 5km PDS killzone.
Commander
# 15
01-16-2014, 12:40 PM
1) Remove the Starfleet space station from the cracked palanetoid map. It is unnecessary and might distract or even confuse new players.

2) General remark: The score list popping up after finishing the map is very ugly. Give it a quick art pass.

3) Cryptic, you HAVE to try to give an in-universe explanation for cross-faction PvP in the game. Why are mixed FED-KDF-ROM groups fighting each other? YOu cannot just sacrifice story to playability without at least TRYING to explain what happens...

PS: I didn't like the map with big ships, but it makes a lot more sense now that it is limited to small craft. But maybe you wanna give it a quick art pass - after all it's four years old.
STOWiki admin.

Last edited by kagasensei; 01-16-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 16
01-16-2014, 02:58 PM
actually it feels nothing but a normal fvk/fvf q to me. i think this is due to not that much diversity.
but thats understandable in face of very limited opportunities compared to space fight in large ships.

someone on the forum had the idea to not merge the q's but to get rid of fvf. maybe thats also something one could think about, i'd be fine with each.

nice fights today btw

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Commander
# 17
01-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wast33 View Post
someone on the forum had the idea to not merge the q's but to get rid of fvf. maybe thats also something one could think about, i'd be fine with each.)
That's certainly worth a thought or two! I hate that Cryptic has yet to provide any kind of in-universe explanation for mixed FED-KDF-ROM groups battling each other to the death. As I said before, story/canon/logic should not be sacrificed that easily to playability. At least TRY to come up with -some- background story.
STOWiki admin.
Republic Veteran
# 18
01-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
That's certainly worth a thought or two! I hate that Cryptic has yet to provide any kind of in-universe explanation for mixed FED-KDF-ROM groups battling each other to the death. As I said before, story/canon/logic should not be sacrificed that easily to playability. At least TRY to come up with -some- background story.

This is an mmo.....its not your weekly canon Star Trek Series.....really you canon purists need to get over it all.....its a damn game....go killl **** , have fun.....why do you NEED a reason to kill stuff????? just do it lol
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Career Officer
# 19
01-16-2014, 06:17 PM
pretty fun event

Fleet support needs checking for shuttle pvp the ability to call in full size ships to assist is kinda meh maybe some peregrine/to'duq fighters would be better. (much worse than the PDS console )

Nimbus so-so about you get several full-sized ships for backup but only for 30 secs

wish I had thought to bring my engineer Miricale worker and Rotate shield Frequency could have helped me a lot.

Sci would seem to fare pretty well also with Photonic fleet, which should also call in smaller fighters/ship in a shuttle que, mostly it seemed to but I thought I saw a photonic cruiser once or twice.

overall it was a fun time
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 20
01-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
when one hit of point defense can wipe out all 5 of the other team, why are you even playing?
This is already changed on Tribble and slated to hit Holodeck with the 8.5 update, the same time the Arena goes live: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=984011

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment