Starfleet Veteran
# 11
01-17-2014, 06:42 AM
If you want to describe the situation you're trying to create, we may be able to provide more specific advice about how to proceed.

@greendragoon
Ensign
# 12
01-17-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm really just getting started. I don't exactly know what story I want to tell but I was learning the tool and it just seemed weird to me that I can't cause the player to die, or fail... in my very poor imagination I felt that meant a very limiting, linear story, which if you just use the story tool that is exactly what you get... but with triggers and creative this and thats I see now you can tell a pretty rich story....
Ensign
# 13
01-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Realistically I wanted to create something with differing outcomes based on player choice/ and whether they succeeded or failed at certain objectives... which isn't exactly possible, though you can do a lot to "fake" it, as it were
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
01-17-2014, 02:24 PM
There are ways to fake alternate endings, or details of the ending. As dialog buttons have triggers you can change how a conversation plays out. You can have alternate paths, too, both physically and metaphorically from a story perspective. Think of the storyboard as the bones of the mission and triggers as all the details.

@greendragoon