Lt. Commander
# 31
01-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truong
Well Blizzard also missed most of their release dates too does that make their games bad too?
Blizzard has never "missed" a release date. When they release a date for an xpack, it has come out on that day. As for giving a release date you get what every other company will say "When it's done"
But we aren't talking about Blizzard here; this is not Blizzard!! (Thank god)

I really like Star Trek Online, and I want nothing more than for it to succeed. But I have the same worries as phoenix3t and most of us... the servers.

I will not be happy shelling out $80 for the game, and have the same issues on Feb.2nd. And if that is the case it's going to be nothing but bad reviews, and nobody buying the game!

I will hold my breath till the final days of Beta and see how things pan out, and I will just keep playing, testing, and reporting the bugs I run across.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Does this problem with nvidia graphics cards cause the game to crash and have that oops dialog pop open. I get that about every 30 min.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitup View Post
Does this problem with nvidia graphics cards cause the game to crash and have that oops dialog pop open. I get that about every 30 min.
what is this nvidia prob people are referring too? i haven't had any issues with my 9800gtx with this game so far.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd also like to know what Nvidia bug you are speaking of.... 9600GT on both of my machines, Windows Vista and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and they both run the game great with no lag...

I'd suggest you get your computer issues sorted out first before you rant on an open beta forum about performace etc...

ATI users do have something to scream about with their anti-aliasing issues...
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieone
what is this nvidia prob people are referring too? i haven't had any issues with my 9800gtx with this game so far.
I have GTS 240. I updated them like Cryptic asked before hand.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-15-2010, 08:23 PM
The NVidia problem ranges from mild stuttering to outright crashes.

Its caused by the latest drivers with the advice being to roll back your drivers to a previous version