Career Officer
# 11
01-20-2014, 05:53 AM
Fm - perception they reward well and as there's nothing else to do with them easy to donate.

Dil - easy to come but, depending on the player, can be hard to get lots of and as it is needed for so many other things it's hit n' miss where anyone donates this and it can often be the last to be filled.

Doffs - these seem to be very hard to fill in my opinion if you don't have players that know how to come by them. Need to go out of your way to get them by assignments, converting, buying with ec etc. Some don't have space as whites aren't useful to them personally. They also don't pay that well it seems according to some. Donating method too is annoying but imagine they can't do select all as each doff is unique (relatively). It can often fall to those with the most resources to go to a fleet base and buy the doffs needed to get them underway of buy off the exchange.

Commodities - really this is so easy to donate but again it seems unusually hard to fill. It's a matter of using your own ec and going out of your way (potentially) to buy them and also the low reward for donating.

Exp - since we get so much of it or have a massive stockpile this gets filled first (yet gives the lowest return).

Summary - seems from my point of view doffs/commodities are the hardest to fill with dilithium somewhere reasonably hard too for similar reasons. Why donate 'your' resources when other can instead and you just do the easy stuff? That's not to say everyone has that mentality as some casual players don't have the means to build up enough resources to donate as well as investing in themselves.

They should consider dropping the cost at the base/increase the rewards for doffs and commodities although dilithium I'm not sure that will do much good, an increased reward might help.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
They should consider dropping the cost at the base/increase the rewards for doffs and commodities although dilithium I'm not sure that will do much good, an increased reward might help.
and this is where you lose me.
they already have lowered the cost (substantially at that). raise the fc rewards? sure, sounds great. lower the cost? i cant go along with that.
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Captain
# 13
01-20-2014, 06:06 AM
Personally, I think part of the problem, at least on the DOff side, is less "ease of donation" - especially compared to, say, filling the torpedo track of a military track task, and more "ease of replacement", every means of DOff acquisition outside of the exchange and the T2 starbase "specialized track officers" (aka Tactical, Engineering, Science) is at the hands of the RNG...

Nevermind the time sink involved in using all the "non-cash" methods, specifically getting purples from the support chains / refugee & prisoner exchanges, or the academy refills, both of which are also even more reliant on the RNG (refugees and prisoners are mostly awarded on Crits then you need to Crit the "trade" mission that turns them into a DOff that could be fed to the downgrinder...)

And if you're trying to use these on the "stock" 100 DOff limit that you get at L11?

As far as Dilithium goes, remember that the big problem with that one is a little less the actual reward, and a lot more that it's time-gated and needed for just about everything else you'd want to get at endgame, whether reputation, fleet store, crafting, etc.

Anecdotal stories tell me the fleets that have the most success with filling the Dil track have dedicated alts that do nothing but run the "catfood" / DOff system / KDF farms / Battlezone that can afford to flush their dil straight into the sink instead of needing it for their play... The "average" player isn't gonna be sending their Dil into the starbase until/unless there's nothing that they want that needs Dil (and with the rate Cryptic pushes out Dil-needing content... )
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Career Officer
# 14
01-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Our fleets created a rule, that fleet marks and expertise are considered the low hanging fruit and not to be dumped. If a project requires Doffs/dil then those must be filled in approx the same amounts (percentage wise) as fleet marks added. People caught just dumping their fleet marks will be warned then kicked, because all that does is make the project more difficult to fill.

Unfortunately its difficult to enforce in large fleets, but so is anything due to the terrible fleet permissions structure.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 15
01-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
Anecdotal stories tell me the fleets that have the most success with filling the Dil track have dedicated alts that do nothing but run the "catfood" / DOff system / KDF farms / Battlezone that can afford to flush their dil straight into the sink instead of needing it for their play...
Dedicated everything is how you do dedicated things. A "casual" player with 1-3 characters cannot afford an 800K mineral bill. Paying down these kinds of costs requires serious effort. Paying them down in a timely manner requires an efficient, and therefore, small, group. Trying to get 10, 20, or 30 people to do something is both messy and infeasible. People say: But if you have 100 members, paying down an 800K project is merely 8K per member. Good luck getting those worthless slackers to all show up at the appointed time, and to cut neatly to deposit their exact share.

A similar issue applies to doffs: Doffs, all in all, are not generally a system that generates positive FC flow. For a normal player to fill doffs would require that he pay 750 FC per doff and then drop them in to earn only 250-300 FC. The alternative is that he must farm the doffs himself, and then store all this material. With stuffing them into the mailbox for later use now deader than disco, this again falls upon dedicated mules. So for the average player, filling doff requirements is a chore that results in net loss and/or an inventory full of garbage.

Of course, for a dedicated doffgrinder, the presence of numerous inefficient, poorly-managed fleets is kind of a boon: We need someplace to dump our trash!
Captain
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Easy.
-> Better fleet management tools <-
Especially a contribution log.

Let players sort out those problems themselves. But give them the tools to do so.
The right direction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Our fleets created a rule, that fleet marks and expertise are considered the low hanging fruit and not to be dumped. If a project requires Doffs/dil then those must be filled in approx the same amounts (percentage wise) as fleet marks added. People caught just dumping their fleet marks will be warned then kicked, because all that does is make the project more difficult to fill.
That being said, an increase in fleet credits per Dilithium wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by arcjet; 01-20-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
01-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Two words, my friend: Industrial Replicators.
Captain
# 19
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Our fleets created a rule, that fleet marks and expertise are considered the low hanging fruit and not to be dumped.
See, we have the opposite rule: That fleet marks and XP are the low-hanging fruit, and thus the rest of those worthless slackers can fill it if they bother to be there on time, since that's the only way those miserable maggots are ever going to get any FC. I can always just sell my marks to someone else and dump my XP on my own initiative anyway.
Career Officer
# 20
01-21-2014, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
See, we have the opposite rule: That fleet marks and XP are the low-hanging fruit, and thus the rest of those worthless slackers can fill it if they bother to be there on time, since that's the only way those miserable maggots are ever going to get any FC. I can always just sell my marks to someone else and dump my XP on my own initiative anyway.
In our fleet a lot of the people that know how to resource have 10,000 FMs, so no, we don't allow people who don't want to donate the valuable stuff get away with it. I don't bother trying to get rid of mine anymore, those 30m projects are just a pain.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel