Captain
# 11
01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
One more reason why "fleet up with strangers" is not a viable solution for small fleets running up against the massive barrier of project costs.
Only if you don't look after your fleet properly.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 12
01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psptack40 View Post
I created a Fleet a few months back but havent been playing it much for awhile..i get a message from one of my membes about how he "accidentally" has taken over my fleet..which he doesnty have permission or the supoosed ability to do. After investigating , i figure out what hes really tried to do is take the fleet over from me..some how hes also put another guy in a "provisional" fleet commander which he shouldnt have the rank or ability to do either. I wrote to the GMs and was told theres nothing they can do and i cant kick them or demote them...and it also says that i can change anything for 2 weeks...does anone know what in they did to make this happen or how i can fix the problem and kick them both out of my fleet...Please help
Nope. You've forfeited your kingship, Ace. You should probably look for another fleet to join.
James Hellwig 6/16/1959 - 4/8/2014
Captain
# 13
01-18-2014, 04:40 PM
I find it interesting that the op hasn't commented since he started the thread. I'm sensing a habit.
Captain
# 14
01-20-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't think this guy is cut out for fleet leadership, except maybe of a fleet that consists only of him.
Ensign
# 15
01-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Hmmm...Our fleet leader has gone a month or so without logging in but none of us have been given the option to take over...interesting that is built into the system.

I do find it a bit harsh that everyone is jumping down this guy's throat. He didn't say he hadn't played for a few months because he wanted others to do the work. Its possible real life obligations distracted him from playing. I have gone months without playing due to college or family responsibilities.

Obviously, this wasn't something he knew could happen (the system letting someone else take over). It seems to me that most of the replies came from fleet veterans and it appears to me that this guy isn't a vet when it comes to handling fleets. Maybe a little more understanding replies would be better instead of chastising him like he's some fleet bum.
~Fleet Admiral KBL~

Galactic Guards' Public Relations Officer

Char. Name: Daniel@KiethBlackLion
Captain
# 16
01-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
Only if you don't look after your fleet properly.

Don't sell me the extra chore of babysitting strangers so they don't pillage my fleet as a benefit.

I should not have to do that to access any part of the game content.
Captain
# 17
01-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post

Don't sell me the extra chore of babysitting strangers so they don't pillage my fleet as a benefit.

I should not have to do that to access any part of the game content.

You don't have to babysit anyone to effectively run a fleet. (even of strangers) Just make sure that you are logging in regularly and have decent system set up. It's not really that hard.