Captain
# 51
01-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwesson View Post
Understand that most of the PvPers test EVERYTHING...a lot.
I play both PvE and PvP when the mood strikes me, but the way some of you describe it makes it sound like a chore, similar in some respects to my day job as a programmer, and all I want to do in STO is play and enjoy myself. I get enough spreadsheets and number-crunching at work, and I'm not sure you can get bogged down in all that "take advantage of every last percentage point allowed by the game mechanics" and still call it "superior" in a way that I can accept. To me that sucks the joy right out of it.
Captain
# 52
01-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
One of the more dangerous/troublesome things to do in software development is change fundamental assumptions of systems that other features have been built on. In this case, all Romulan content was built with the fundamental assumption that all Romulan-faction players would have Tovan Khev. I won't say "never", but it is extremely unlikely that we will ever make him dismissable, and would be a non-trivial amount of work to do so and still make existing mission content work.
Can the Romulan have a BOFF slot +1 to compensate for this undismissable BOFF ? That wouldn't solve all the problems, but it could really help.
I don't mind Tovan, I like him, at least on my first Rom. But when you have several Rom, I have this deja vue feeling everytime I look at my BOFFs.
----

STO, featuring Admiral Turok.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Can the Romulan have a BOFF slot +1 to compensate for this undismissable BOFF ? That wouldn't solve all the problems, but it could really help.
I don't mind Tovan, I like him, at least on my first Rom. But when you have several Rom, I have this deja vue feeling everytime I look at my BOFFs.
I doubt they will want to do so. New KDF and Fed Characters will also get Tovan-Like Character which is not dissmissable,. Existing characters will be able to pick them up too.

The "Good" news is that you can change their looks, and they have "Superior" level Traits. (Traits for BOFFs are set when they're "made".)

Anyway, Captains now have a set "first officer" character who can be the Mouthpeice for the captian or his crew. This makes a lot of work easier for new voiced content.

Edit: Nice Signature.. I wonder if that will happen(!)
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
01-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
The D7 Battlecruisers in the episode "Past Imperfect" no longer deploy Bio-neural warheads.

This weapon should not have been available in that time.
this should also apply to "Night of the Comet" those D7s also use the Bio-Neural warhead.

Quote:
PVPers are ruining this game for us pve guys. Seriously all the nerfs are making me want to smother them with a pillow, all they do is whine whine whine and Cryptic just rushed to breast feed them. STOP NERFING AND GET TO FIXING BROKEN STUFF. Just give PVP a set of rules where all consoles are disabled and all doffs as well and leave PVE stuff ALONE!
the better solution would be to just make separate sets for PvP and then apply rules to the console then as needed, then PvE sets could stay the way they were intended and PvP sets could be tweak if the need arises.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42320274000&dateline=  1389855523

Last edited by bughunter357; 01-17-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 55
01-20-2014, 10:28 PM
oops wrong thread