Ensign
# 21 Another Idea
01-17-2014, 11:01 PM
I don't know if this is the place to be putting this suggestion down, but I had a thought about what a cool foundry challenge could be.

Ever since the Romulan faction was released, there has been a bigger focus on bridge officers that have their own story or background. Tovan Khev was the first, but shortly thereafter the Klingon and Federation factions got Boffs that have their own history and relationship with their captain--K'gan and Elisa Flores respectively.
*Spoiler*
Recently, after getting tier 5 Dyson Sphere reputation, I obtained Nelan Exil, a Voth bridge officer that has his own unique reasons for joining your crew.

So, how about a foundry challenge that revolves around making a detailed engaging character. And, I don't know if it is possible, but wouldn't it be cool if the winning mission awarded you, as a bridge officer, the character the Foundry mission was all about? A foundry mission that is already a spotlight mission sparked this idea with me. In the mission One Too Many (a spotlighted Fed foundry mission by XR-377) Amanda Barkley is an engaging and interesting character. And I'll ask the question that I thought upon finishing this mission: (*Spoiler*) What happens to her photonic duplicate? I think it would be awesome to have a photonic Barkley as a boff.

Oh well, I don't know if anyone stuck with me through this rant (I am extremely long-winded) but that's my two cents.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
01-18-2014, 05:06 AM
We'd get a doff if anything ... thats assuming we'd get that lucky
Captain
# 23
01-19-2014, 10:57 PM
A doff is such a far stretch too. We can't even use Tau Dewa doors in map transitions. It's really disheartening that the foundry has fallen so far behind the game itself.

I still hope though that at least exploration is considered for the next challenge. It's such an awesome, wide-open challenge that could net some great creative flow.
May good management be with you.
Lieutenant
# 24
01-20-2014, 01:59 PM
challenge 9 ? I guess it's going to be a long wait for the foundry bug fix. I'm itching to start a new project.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
01-20-2014, 04:38 PM
9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9!
Captain
# 26
01-20-2014, 10:53 PM
9, 9, 9, 9, 9!

lol
May good management be with you.