Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
On average, when I go to warp and the screen has to "load" , my average wait time is approximately 15 minutes.

Typically, whenever I use the turbolift it is less.

Mostly, whenever I am in Sol system it is less

But good god almighty.. when I do a patrol or a mission the systems I need to warp in take anywhere from 20 mins to an hour to load.. up to "server disconnected"

I have started alt-tabbing out and playing kongregate games while waiting for the load.

.. Im reasonably confident it is not my hardware specs.. what gives? Is this normal for this beta?

This is *not* a rant. I understand that this is a beta and I am not complaining.. just merely asking if this is typical or abnormal for this stage of OB ... and if it is abnormal, what can I try to solve it?

Obviously if i can load flash games & play them fine alt-tabbed, my internet connection is fine & my system is not at max capacity.

I am curretly at a load screen while typing this

Thnx for any responses in advance

~~Rhom
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 11:12 PM
And you actually eventually get loaded after waiting that long?

If it takes me more than a minute (and I usually don't even wait half that long) I just exit and reload. Usually just goes right in the next try and often it'll actually load into where it was originally going directly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 11:18 PM
I have found it is random. There are times I zone fast, seconds, and others no more then 3 min. so far
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
And you actually eventually get loaded after waiting that long?

If it takes me more than a minute (and I usually don't even wait half that long) I just exit and reload. Usually just goes right in the next try and often it'll actually load into where it was originally going directly.

Yes, I have actually waited for a screen to load for 45 minutes before finally getting in.

Sometimes I give up and exit and try again

Sometimes I get in, but the server has disconnected.

Almost every time the "loading" bar is @ 50% across the screen.. which I have come to associate with basically being "fully loaded" since I rarely see the bar move much farther

I have played in over a dozen betas (closed and open) and so I understand that sometimes massive load screens lagtimes and gametime lag can sometimes merely be associated with some aspect of the game that is being tested.

However, it just seems a little.. .. long.

ESPEcially since some people seem to be posting in the forums with the expectation that they hardly ever wait longer than 5 minutes *shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Just loaded back in because the sever is back up.

Loading of the game and all the way to the final load went fast.

Currently waiting for Sirius Sector Black to load.

load bar is 1/3 the way across the screen & hanging
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Sirus loaded. Approx wait time -> 8 mins.
so *now* since im on a patrol I have to IMMEDIATELY load into Bhea .. *sigh*

there are WAY to many frikkin load screens in this game imho
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM
i Had this issue as well and in the Sol system as well.

Close your game then log in, there should be a options tab in the upper left of the Game windo. Select Safe mode, that should help it.

I have been playing in safe mode ever since.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2010, 12:29 AM
coming out of Bhea system into sirus.. have already waited 20 mins (about) .. will try the safe mode n see if it helps.. thnx :-)