Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-21-2014, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarastheslayer View Post
I just had the usual Honour Guard stuff, no real doffs as the only ones I had were the psionic power cooldown and mortars doff which half the time doesn't work anyway. Adapted Sniper rifle and a Spire kit, but really the mortars suck. (Warning: Rant Starts) Watching the video the number of times they didn't proc, missed or hit at a rather inconsequential time is just pathetic.

Even my tribble is a green, and I have the trait that makes orbital strike actually do something useful. I don't use the standard hypo's or shield charges as I can't be bothered with them either. I use the quantum shadows and the cane every once in a while as you can see in the video.

That isn't anything but the truth, and DPS is a joke anyway if you can't work as a team properly or stay alive. From my experience most people just spam their powers without really knowing what they do, which does not impress me.

Not to sound like I'm being rude, but get off your high horse about gear and DPS, they're both overrated and are more of a luxury than a necessity.

After all, I could have got a purple tribble, filled out my doffs and got dual consumables off the exchange. Maybe I could have optimised my ground build a bit more because it is not exactly perfect. I even had large energy cells in my inventory I could have used more often and powers I never used through the entire mission.

I also know one of my mates in there had less of an optimised load out than me, another was geared better but we're still talking 2/3 not optimal at all.

As I said, teamwork above all else, because really 5 man pug teams who can work as a team should be tearing through the grounds no problem, it's just a result of everyone thinking they can't be bothered to do that in a good enough manner. But what's really sad is they then have a go at everyone for not doing it right when they themselves are at fault, and then everyone gets discouraged from doing the grounds which is what has happened.

The queues for grounds are mostly dead except for KAGE which is considered the easiest. All because people like to fly around in their silly little ships in space because they're perceived to be easier. If people just put the effort into learning ground and playing it like they do space it would be fine, but they don't so there you go.

I'll stop ranting now, otherwise I may as well write an essay... -.-
wow i have never seen such a load of, you get a C for effort but a F in it in total. I joined STO to flight in my "Starship" not fight on ground, if i wanted to do ground I would turn on the PS3 and play CoD or play Planetside.

not every1 likes the same things
http://neatnik2009.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/star-trek-2009-03.jpg
Commander
# 12
01-21-2014, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orici1701 View Post
wow i have never seen such a load of, you get a C for effort but a F in it in total. I joined STO to flight in my "Starship" not fight on ground, if i wanted to do ground I would turn on the PS3 and play CoD or play Planetside.

not every1 likes the same things
Thanks for quoting the entire thing so I don't know what you are referring to, but at a guess you think I'm bashing people for only doing space? Not my intention, everyone has choices, but this is what I'm getting at...

People moan about ground being too hard/pugs suck/whatever and yet can't be bothered to a) work as a team properly or b) they don't want to take the time required to help other people learn.

So if there was any doubt in what I was saying there's your clarification, and I'm not bashing anyone for choices other than the ones I stated just then. If you just don't enjoy ground that's fine, but don't whine about it if you do, just sort it.

I'm happy to help people as I'm sure I've said. Attacking me for that is pretty lame, by all means ask for clarification but I shouldn't have to put in my signature that I struggle with writing things just for people to be reasonable -.-
As someone who has 2 manned KAGE, 3 manned IGE and CGE, been here longer than my join date suggests and put in the effort to learn the game for myself, I would like to put it to you that I know what I'm doing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2014, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarastheslayer View Post

People moan about ground being too hard/pugs suck/whatever and yet can't be bothered to a) work as a team properly or b) they don't want to take the time required to help other people learn.

So if there was any doubt in what I was saying there's your clarification, and I'm not bashing anyone for choices other than the ones I stated just then. If you just don't enjoy ground that's fine, but don't whine about it if you do, just sort it.
-
i didnt whine about it lol think you miss understood, i was giving reasons to why i dont do ground.

and as regards to pugs sucking yes i agree, some times you get a bad STF team some times you get a good one.

so here is your clarification "I dont do ground, I didnt whine about it" and i think STO should fix bugs before they try to give more games for ground, im sure alot of people would rather a bug bash then new content.
Commander
# 14
01-21-2014, 06:33 AM
Player A starts console, player B waits until the last moment to start, Player A is then free to quickly run to middle and start that one. As long as the interaction sound is playing for the whole thing, it works for all five sets of consoles (the miniboss one too). Player B needs to know when to start though, as if you hear the end of interaction sound, you have to start again. It's worked for me the 4 times I've had to do it. Nice job on the 3 man opt too, 2 would be super tough though. Good luck.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Empire Veteran
# 15
01-21-2014, 06:40 AM
I would love to see a endgame crossfaction Klingon flavored STF dealing with the Undine hunt.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-21-2014, 06:41 AM
You guys are something else. If you're only do space, and don't do ground, then you're only playing half the game and it just shows that you're not very good at ground battles or fights and that explains why Cryptic keeps nerfing the game.
Star Trek Offline (Since November 12th: +29 Days and Counting (Still Waiting For the Launcher to be Fixed)
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
You guys are something else. If you're only do space, and don't do ground, then you're only playing half the game and it just shows that you're not very good at ground battles or fights and that explains why Cryptic keeps nerfing the game.
its "Star Trek not Ground Trek" and i do have good ground stuff, i pick to not do them cos they do not hold interest to me.

new content or a bug fix.... i know what i would pick a bug fix
Commander
# 18
01-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I would love to see a endgame crossfaction Klingon flavored STF dealing with the Undine hunt.
This ^^

And a revamped Terradome, just because.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Commander
# 19
01-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orici1701 View Post
its "Star Trek not Ground Trek" and i do have good ground stuff, i pick to not do them cos they do not hold interest to me.

new content or a bug fix.... i know what i would pick a bug fix
Meh, each to their own. Some like Ground and Most like Space. I'd wager there are more in the Ground PvE queues at any given time than the Space PvP queues. But then there are more in the ISE queues than Hive Space too, so I guess my comments are kinda meaningless.

If you like space, do it. If you like ground, do it. If you like PvP, do it. I do all three. It would be a space game if there were no ground. There is, therefore it's not a space game. It's both.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carasucia83 View Post
Meh, each to their own. Some like Ground and Most like Space. I'd wager there are more in the Ground PvE queues at any given time than the Space PvP queues. But then there are more in the ISE queues than Hive Space too, so I guess my comments are kinda meaningless.

If you like space, do it. If you like ground, do it. If you like PvP, do it. I do all three. It would be a space game if there were no ground. There is, therefore it's not a space game. It's both.
in a perfect world more would play ground, but thats not 100% of what starfleet does its more about going where no one has gone before..

I dont recall them saying "to boldly kill what no one has killed before"

but trutfuly what would u rather have?

new content that might be buggy or a big bug fix?