Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Commander
# 11
01-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueninech View Post
I just finished "The Empress Advances" mission over the weekend and got so distracted by the Typhoons, I almost forgot to fight the battle! That is one cool looking ship, here's to hoping that one day she becomes available.
Me too I would love to see that ship be playable It's well designed and sturdy ship those dual nacelles look awesome and the Jupiter would make a great Federation Carrier that the Federation has been needing but like the Devs said they'll release it if it gets enough support and I definitely support it, should have been made playable a long time ago in my opinion and it's much better looking than the Avenger it's too Bulky but the Typhoon pulls of a thick Battleship looking hull without being overly blocky.

And I'd love to see the Typhoon as a Three Pack Federation Battleship I'd finally have a reason to restart my Fed Characters.

Support the Federation Typhoon and Jupiter Class Starships.

Last edited by induperator; 01-20-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
01-20-2014, 02:53 PM
What's this about an overhaul for it? It has never been a playable ship, so what overhaul could it possibly need? No one knows what its equipped with. How can you overhaul something you know nothing about?

I too would love to see it be a playable ship, but NOT as a 3 pack. It should be the tactical dreadnaught that the galx should have been. No special consoles, no eng/sci/tac versions, just the ship as is. Not a carrier, since it clearly has no hangar or launch bays. The only thing I'd wonder about would be if it should be a 4/4 weapon layout ( I think it should) or a 5/3, and if it should use cannons (I'd say no).
Career Officer
# 13
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghyudt View Post
What's this about an overhaul for it? It has never been a playable ship, so what overhaul could it possibly need? No one knows what its equipped with. How can you overhaul something you know nothing about?
thats like stating your racing a car through a rally blindfold and you can see where your going. i would suggest you remove your blindfold.

the typhoon was kitbashed and likely not to be used by the player base at all. it would need to be redesigned or overhauled so it can be used.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Captain
# 14
01-20-2014, 03:08 PM
I would take a Typhoon for my ship collection. And I will use her well. They can have different skins for her too. So you can add different parts.
Ensign
# 15
01-21-2014, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
"I would love to take the Typhoon for a spin..."

...that thing is too big to spin.

Well it'd be more like a long, slow circling but technically still called a spin!
"The worm has turned and it is now packing an Uzi, Mary." - Will Randall
Captain
# 16
01-21-2014, 03:26 AM
I also vote for a Typhoon. The DEVs kep trying to tell us it is a dreadnought, yet when you use photonic fleet it pops up as a photonic battleship.

I have heard that thing referred to as a battleship much more than a "dreadnaught"

Side Note: Mirror Invasion. Tyhpoon Battleship. Wiki lists it as a Battleship.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Typhoon_Class_Battleship

Boom. Cryptic make it a Playable ship. AND DO NOT GIVE IT A CRAPPY BOFF LAYOUT, seriously give it something WORTHY.

Cmdr ENG
LT Cmdr Tac
LT Sci
LT Eng
LT Uni

4 eng
2 sci
4 tac

42k hull

1.1 shield mod

4/4 weapons

Attract fire
Weapon thingy (forgot the name sue me)
and manuevering

oh and dont forget! a 5 turn rate 30 inertia and the ability to mount DHC's
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 17
01-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
thats like stating your racing a car through a rally blindfold and you can see where your going. i would suggest you remove your blindfold.

the typhoon was kitbashed and likely not to be used by the player base at all. it would need to be redesigned or overhauled so it can be used.

As long as they're not radically altered to where they are not recognizable as such, I'm jelly with the devs cleaning them up and making player ships out of 'em.
Commander
# 18
01-21-2014, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post

oh and dont forget! a 5 turn rate 30 inertia and the ability to mount DHC's
Dual Cannons on the Typhoon?

Hell No...

There are already enough Federation Ships with non canon Weapons in this game. The Typhoon should use Beams since they are the main Federation ship weaponry in the franchise I don't want to see more DPS racers duck taping Dual Heavy Cannons to the Hulls of Federation ships the Prometheus and Akira have already been ruined by this not the Typhoon too.

Commander
# 19
01-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Idea: Why not combine it with another wish often asked for in the forums: a full FED Carrier, and in this case i'd suggest some kind of Battle Carrier, similar to the Kar'Fi but without the ability to equip DCs, a bit stronger and slower, something like:

44k Hull
1.2 Shields
4/3 Weapons
LTC Tac
CMDR ENG
LTC SCI
LT UNI

(Or LT and ENS SCI if that makes more sense to you)

6 Turn
30 inertia
(both on par with fed cruisers of similar size)

Consoles:
3 TAC (4 as an alt.)
3 ENG (2 as an alt.)
4 SCI

2 Hangar Bays

Ability to Equip:

Aquarius Frigate Ship (Comes with Phaser DC/Turrets, Quantum Torps, APB 1/2/2, CSV 1/2/3, TS 1/1/2 (Standard/Advanced/Elite))

Console: Multi Tractor Beam, Affects up to 5 Enemies, works like a usual trac beam just on multiple targets, 90(120) sec CD

So...?

Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes! (~ 130 Supporters Yet!)

Last edited by ltdata96; 01-21-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Commander
# 20
01-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdata96 View Post
Idea: Why not combine it with another wish often asked for in the forums: a full FED Carrier, and in this case i'd suggest some kind of Battle Carrier, similar to the Kar'Fi but without the ability to equip DCs, a bit stronger and slower, something like:

44k Hull
1.2 Shields
4/3 Weapons
LTC Tac
CMDR ENG
LTC SCI
LT UNI

(Or LT and ENS SCI if that makes more sense to you)

6 Turn
30 inertia
(both on par with fed cruisers of similar size)

Consoles:
3 TAC (4 as an alt.)
3 ENG (2 as an alt.)
4 SCI

2 Hangar Bays

Ability to Equip:

Aquarius Frigate Ship (Comes with Phaser DC/Turrets, Quantum Torps, APB 1/2/2, CSV 1/2/3, TS 1/1/2 (Standard/Advanced/Elite))

Console: Multi Tractor Beam, Affects up to 5 Enemies, works like a usual trac beam just on multiple targets, 90(120) sec CD

So...?
Nice Stat Ideas the Console though most people would end up not using but I think it should have a LTC Universal Slot so it would be on par with the Recluse and to make full use of Eng Abilities and I think a 45,000 Hull because of it's size.

I agree the Typhoon and the Jupiter are some of the best Ship designs in the Game should have been released long ago, do it Cryptic.