Lieutenant
# 11
01-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightylepton View Post
Perhaps you stopped pugstomping and actually went up against good players?

when i read this thread in the office, this was my thought!

i know my overloads really good
but the overload-damage i dealt the last hours on ships of "random player", was slightly below the damage i deal on superior equipped, skilled and played ships.
my overload is sick

i'm not a decloaker, so its not a cloak-striker issue

for a world without cheese -> clear sky
Captain
# 12
01-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightylepton View Post
Perhaps you stopped pugstomping and actually went up against good players?

18% Hull resist vs 45>% and
20% Shield resist vs 65+% is quite a difference

Its not hard to get 100+K BO's in PVE, and the same goes for PvP if you have targets with barely any resist what so ever. J/S

You do not do 80K hits because you are good, but you do 80K hits because your target sucks. See it as that way
Im pretty sure Emoe has a running "gag" going on OPvP of him vaping people with proton barrage when ever they use the subspace field modulator.

Ive never seen a barrage do over 15k before on me, but hes getting them up over 60k at times. Its pretty damn funny.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
My theory would probably be people getting their t4 dyson adding resist.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Well OP, did a whole bunch of PvP last night, including three massive 10v10 premade matches in cap n hold.

One moment that stood out to me was when I was trying to cloak and restart and attack run, a well known "vaper" (emoe) tried to take me out, and got me to 18 percent.

I popped GDF (with NO other buffs active), turned around, decloaked, and nailed him with a 30k BO1 right to the face.

That was unbuffed as all my stuff was on CD at the time.

Let us recap, a 30k beam overload 1 (the actual flytext, so the post resists damage applied), from an experimental beam array (not a dual beam bank), on a decloak 18% GDF buff alone. No Alpha, Omega, FOMM, TacFleet, assist of any kind, etc.

I think this thread has been proven wrong.
well considering mini runs no resist to any degree. 30k bo1 sounds right.