Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Graphics Crash in Away Teams
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Many times while on Away missions I'll be going through the map and all of a sudden I'll get a Windows warning box saying that Direct 3D had some sort of error (in true Windows fashion it doesn't say what the error was), the entire game freezes, then crashes to the desktop. I send a crash report each time, but it still happens. Even more frustrating, when I get back in (after a 5 min verification process in the launcher), I have to restart the mission from the beginning.

Just in case that it might be a problem on my end, here's my specs (at least the ones I know):

2.1 GHz Macbook running Windows XP via Boot Camp
4 GB RAM, 667 MHz
All the latest drivers and updates
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a GMA 950 graphics chipset? I'm only going off the bus speed to get a date for your MacBook. Do you have Snow Leopard? If so, try installing the Windows XP Boot Camp drivers from the Snow Leopard upgrade DVD as they are newer than the ones on the Leopard disc. They put Boot Camp up to v3.0. Might not make a whole lot of difference but it's one to knock down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I just grabbed the box, it turns out it's the GMA X3100 set with 144MB DDR2 SDRAM shared with the main memory (I'm guessing that means 144 MB of my 4 GB is dedicated to graphics)

And I'll pop the 10.6 disk in on XP and see if I can't do an upgrade. I can't remember if I set up Boot Camp before or after I got Snow Leopard.

Thanks.

*edit to add* Bah, I did the updates but it still happened. At least it took much longer for it to happen (nearly finished the mission entirely, instead of crashing w/in a minute of beaming down)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2010, 08:39 AM
This used to be annoying, now it's really starting to **** me off. Is there anything I can do to fix this, like turn down the graphics?