Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Surver Busy?
01-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Cryptic,

At the moment, I would never buy this game. Whenever I try to log on it says " Server Busy". MMORPG's should be able to have millions of people playing at one time. I am a huge Star Trek fan but the games overall performance for me has been terrible. I have never successfully logged in for the past few days that the open beta has been going on. Please explain to me what I' m doing wrong or fix these problems. Is anyone else having these problems?

Jmanyc
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Last time i checked where playing the beta not the full game
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I get this to. Remember its a beta, not the full game.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Yeah
01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
I know but how are we supposed to test it out if we cannot even log in. I'm sure cryptic can see that more bandwidth space is required for the beta to run smoothly. I understand that it's a beta but I would like to avoid wasting my money if I end up not liking the game. I also want to get the lifetime subscription which would mean that I need to test it first.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2010, 11:45 AM
just have to have paintence, they are working super hard to get thsis game ready for launch, it bettter now to have these issues so they can be addressed and fixed, rather than at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2010, 11:45 AM
He's right, can't evaluate/test it if one can't log in. Server's constantly busy for me
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog1089
I get this to. Remember its a beta, not the full game.
i know its only a beta, but just say we spend our hard earned dosh on this game both in buying it and also the subscription and can not get on the actual server to play the game it borderlines taking money under false pretenses.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2010, 11:49 AM
To be fair to the makers I only got my first server busy message just there, and apart from that I havent had any problems with the game. As everyone says its a beta...dont be saying from what you saw from he beta im not buying the game...this is where they fix things its not the final release
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanyc View Post
Cryptic,

At the moment, I would never buy this game. Whenever I try to log on it says " Server Busy". MMORPG's should be able to have millions of people playing at one time. I am a huge Star Trek fan but the games overall performance for me has been terrible. I have never successfully logged in for the past few days that the open beta has been going on. Please explain to me what I' m doing wrong or fix these problems. Is anyone else having these problems?

Jmanyc
I think you might be having some other issues as well. My system is actually under spec for the game and it runs fine. Have not any connection problems at all.....well until this morning
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I can't get on the server either. It's hard to justify paying if they can't keep the server up. I sure hope this can be fixed and soon...

I can't play all the time, so it's important that when I have time to play I actually can...