Lt. Commander
# 11
01-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd like to believe it, but I just don't think i can.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I had these prolems with cryptic recently. I bought champions online and wasted 2 weeks of my frre time with this issue until they fixed it. Cryptic kept sending me the same scripted replies to my emails such as try this, unblock this port, do that etc etc and the only thing that fixed it was a patch then suprise suprise the game worked fine (however requests for some free time as compensation were conveniently ignored). I suspect this will continue for some time and im going to cancel my pre-order and go back to **** until this is sorted. I have never had any issue running any other mmo's until champions online, and cryptics response was, it is my fault.....

Please get this issue sorted now Cryptic so we can all play properly...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohale View Post
I had these prolems with cryptic recently. I bought champions online and wasted 2 weeks of my frre time with this issue until they fixed it. Cryptic kept sending me the same scripted replies to my emails such as try this, unblock this port, do that etc etc and the only thing that fixed it was a patch then suprise suprise the game worked fine (however requests for some free time as compensation were conveniently ignored). I suspect this will continue for some time and im going to cancel my pre-order and go back to **** until this is sorted. I have never had any issue running any other mmo's until champions online, and cryptics response was, it is my fault.....

Please get this issue sorted now Cryptic so we can all play properly...
100% Agreed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
First of never open any ports on your hardware firewall just to be able to play a game no matter what the company of the game tells you. If you need to open ports the game is probably not worth the security risk your going to face. Especially for a MMO since its a game we tend to put a lot of hours into , that means your ports will be opened for extended periods of time. I do security for the military's network so i know what im talking about.

The other thing is everyone im sure is experiencing the rubber banding issue that's because its still BETA , and in BETA the company is running major tests on the servers by overloading them causing lag spikes , causing connection issues and so on just so they can test their servers and find problems so they can fix them hopefully before release date.

So yes some of the issues we are experiencing are caused intentionally by the game devs , the rest are just cause the game needs patching. Cryptic is not a multy billion dollar company like Blizzard so their staff is a lot smaller than Blizzards so its going take longer to fix these issues.