Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Republic Veteran
So, the devs say we can't get rid of Tovan Khev because he's so integrated into the early Romulan storyline. I get how that would be a problem. Anyway, an idea has recently struck me. What if there was like an optional mission or a doff project or something that only becomes available after COMPLETION of all the Romulan missions. Not skippage, just completion. The input for the mission/project would be the Tovan Khev entity, and he'd then be removed from our rosters. There would have to be a notification that we would no longer be able to do the early Romulan missions without reclaiming him somehow, but it could still be the solution we're seeking. Those that want him can keep him, those that don't could then get rid of him, and if we wanted to to play the early missions again we'd have to reclaim him. Does this make any kind of sense? Would this be possible? Acceptable for those of us who don't want to keep him?
Career Officer
# 2
01-27-2014, 04:04 AM
If you count to level 30 as early.
He is around leading the way for Charva, the missions in the Tal Shiar, and so heavy on Nimbus I have had him popup visually as well as vocals on a Klingon ship.
Captain
# 3
01-27-2014, 04:34 AM
Eight months after LOR, you really think anything has changed?

Give it up, you will never dismiss him.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-27-2014, 08:40 AM
His romulan operative trait should be upgraded to the superior version. That change alone would probably silence a lot of the complaining regarding Tovan being a permanent member of your crew, and wouldn't break any storylines.
Republic Veteran
# 5
01-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
His romulan operative trait should be upgraded to the superior version. That change alone would probably silence a lot of the complaining regarding Tovan being a permanent member of your crew, and wouldn't break any storylines.
It would be nice to have a way to upgrade all the early Boffs. That said I don't think it would make the anti-Tovan people happy.
Lieutenant
# 6
01-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Just make him an unused Boff , not in landing party or ship officer slots, shuts up most of his antics.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Tovan Khev and other "first officers" are quite good. But the problem is, when everybody has one of them - with the same name. So for me it would be fine if I could just rename them (speakinf for Tovan Khev and other faction first officers). But, sadly, they can't be renamed.
Captain
# 8
02-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Eight months after LOR, you really think anything has changed?

Give it up, you will never dismiss him.
On the contrary. A great deal of things get changed because people never give up on them. This is important for some of us, so we have no justification for giving up.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-07-2014, 03:41 AM
Stand up, and stand tall. We have nothing to lose after all.

And that is the problem.

---
Captain
# 10
02-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk142 View Post
So, the devs say we can't get rid of Tovan Khev because he's so integrated into the early Romulan storyline. I get how that would be a problem. Anyway, an idea has recently struck me. What if there was like an optional mission or a doff project or something that only becomes available after COMPLETION of all the Romulan missions. Not skippage, just completion. The input for the mission/project would be the Tovan Khev entity, and he'd then be removed from our rosters. There would have to be a notification that we would no longer be able to do the early Romulan missions without reclaiming him somehow, but it could still be the solution we're seeking. Those that want him can keep him, those that don't could then get rid of him, and if we wanted to to play the early missions again we'd have to reclaim him. Does this make any kind of sense? Would this be possible? Acceptable for those of us who don't want to keep him?
That has been suggested before.

Problem is, that would "Lock out" your character from any Mission replay.
Support more story content in STO