Lt. Commander
# 1 Server is busy
01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
so ive been unable to log in for a few hours now and not just periodically checking it, i talking about hitting log in over and over already is there some kind of update to why this is going on, has a dev responded to anyone on this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Aye Hariel, there are about 50 Threads on it at present. The Devs are working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
its 11:23 PM here and cannot connect :/
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ckB9LL View Post
its 11:23 PM here and cannot connect :/
Its because the sleeping giant of the west has awaken lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok316uk View Post
Its because the sleeping giant of the west has awaken lol

yeah I suppose ... :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Looks like the login server is still busy, has been for a while....
Lt. Commander
# 7 Well duh....
01-16-2010, 02:44 PM
If anyone's done the "Secure the Sector" mission today, you'll see why the login servers are so bogged down....

Here's my guess...

They nerfed the quest because ppl were leveling too fast with it...so what they did is restrict the number of players in any given instance. You won't find more than 10 max in an instance at a time...usually around 4-6.

What you end up with is a RIDICULOUS volume of instances. I assume to accommodate for the excessive strain this method will put on the game server, they have tried to use resources on the login server. Think that would murder logging in effectively?

There ya go...that would explain a great many things, no? Again...this is all pure conjecture.

But to any devs watching the post:

Here's a thought...bad idea to implement such a method...this is inevitably going to increase load on the servers. Common sense...the more instances the server has to track and run...the more strain it will put on it.

Potential solutions: Why not implement another method...something with small scripting that won't bog down the servers... IE: a condition..or set of conditions.

Something like: If player A has completed this quest today...then he/she cannot do it again for 24 hours. Call it a "daily" quest. You don't deny the individuals the opportunity to get drops totally...but you do effectively kill the abuse that caused you to nerf it.....all without adding any extraneous stress on the servers, bandwidth, and most importantly....you don't irritate the customers who are cutting your paycheck, in essence.