Lieutenant
# 271
01-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Major storm this is the pinnacle of excellence of easy xbox 360 controller keybinds... takes about an hour to get used to and keeping this link open and reading the // lines to tell you what stuff does and how it works is fricken easy way to learn, i played this game for TWO years darn near, and always have been trying to find a 360 controller set up as easy as your description here, all you need to do is read his thread as you go. like an old gaming manual.

I know there might be different ways to do this, but i want to say people who come across here, this really works wonders for PVP if yer used o responding as fast as this allows you too.

Many thanks amigo, this keeps me in the game for years to come cause now i can kick back and watch TV and not pay attention to what i am doing in game and still get STFS and pretty much everything else done, the proper super HIGH dps way.

For us old guys, Remember when you played mortal combat and were like zoned out and could beat the crap out of yer buddy cause the key combos were so easy, not even paying attention to what you were doing?

Makes the game like that AWESOME STUFF MAN! WOOT!
Empire Veteran
# 272
01-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamujiin View Post
Major storm this is the pinnacle of excellence of easy xbox 360 controller keybinds...
Thank you for the kind words.

For those that may still be lost on how to use the keybinds or lack the will to search what all the lines mean below is a short description of how I use the buttons on the controller.

SPACE CONTROLS

X, Y and B buttons are Slots 1, 2 and 3 on Row 1
X, Y and B buttons are Slots 4, 5 and 6 on Row 1 while holding left trigger
X, Y and B buttons are Slots 7, 8 and 9 on Row 1 while holding left bumper

These keys are mapped to skills that require on demand access such as brace for impact or speed boosts for getting out of trouble. Also cloak and other skills you feel would not work well in a macro go in here.

A button is all slots in Row 2 left to right.

A button is used for bread and butter skills you want to activate as a macro in combat. I mainly use this for tactical buffs like alpha strike and debuff abilities on enemies.

A button while holding left trigger is Row 3 slots 1-5.

I usually use this for shield heal abilities in a macro

A button while holding left bumper is Row 3 slots 6-10

I usually use this for hull heal abilities in a macro

Right Trigger is fire all weapons, remodulate shields and Row 4 all slots.

This is your spam button. Place any abilities you want activated all the time in Row 4 and keep mashing right trigger to automatically target nearby targets, open fire and activate buffs.

Other keys I won't mention as they are labeled in previous posts.

GROUND CONTROLS

X, Y and B buttons are the same mappings as space but X has become the new 'fire' button since the first 3 slots are reserved for weapon actions in ground combat. Right trigger is now tab targeting. X also tells NPC boffs to attack your target.

Luckily there aren't as many ground abilities as space combat so they can be easily grouped to 3 trays.

A button is once again the 2nd tray all slots. This contains all your bread and butter attack skills you want to activate in combat.

Tray 3 slots 1-5 and slots 6-10 are smaller macros reserved for long cooldown skills you may want to group.

I hope this helps others in getting started with a controller! As tamujin mentioned once you get used to these controls the game almost plays itself
Ensign
# 273 Xpadder
04-04-2014, 01:50 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me out a little bit. I have xpadder running and I know how to use it just fine with Neverwinter and some of the other games. However though, When I play Star Trek and have it running it's going off the other controls of the game instead of my xpadder control system. So how do I get it to go off the xpadder instead of the game?