Career Officer
# 1 Random Mobs
01-27-2014, 08:18 AM
There is a bug that is going around in the foundry that are throwing people off. It does not make the game unplayable, but it is one of annoyance. When a mission is published once in a while a player will see a enemy mob that is in the mission that isn't in there.

Example: Purity II - I was playing last week and I had a Devidian mob come out of no where and attack me. The only thing is there are no Devidian Mob Groups in the mission what so ever, yet there it was just attacking me with the Devidian abilities. Now there was not a group of Devidian's just the one NPC.

There was another Case with Purity III where a Borg showed up for someone else, but no Borg NPC mob groups in the mission. I just read a review today for Purity V, where there was a Romulan mob in the mission.

Now this bug does not happen for everybody, and I have yet determined what may cause these mobs to show up. But it is an annoyance for those that care. Now if anyone else has seen this happen to a mission of theirs or one they have played. Please follow up on this thread and describe to your best abilities and what happened. With your help we can help the programmers find the bug quicker.

Thank you,
@Rellimtime82

@Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
01-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the report. I'll be investigating.

I'll check the three missions already mentioned. If any others are reported, please include the mission ID if possible. Any additional information such as frequency of getting the wrong critters, what map(s) this is seen on, and what encounter groups are suspected of being involved will be of assistance.
Career Officer
# 3
01-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauhn82 View Post
When a mission is published once in a while a player will see a enemy mob that is in the mission that isn't in there.

Example: Purity II - I was playing last week and I had a Devidian mob come out of no where and attack me.

There was another Case with Purity III where a Borg showed up for someone else, but no Borg NPC mob groups in the mission. I just read a review today for Purity V, where there was a Romulan mob in the mission.
Sounds fun. You sure this isn't a feature?