Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 help - game still unplayable
01-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I've been trying since the start of OB but I just can't take it anymore.

I have serious rubber banding issues every single time I play. Other people do not seem to have this issues as bad as I have it.

Here's the story...

I log in, usually no big deal, some slow loading times but nothing crazy. Once i'm in my ship (currently in space) it takes up to 1 minute to get control, then I have about 1 minute of playing time before all of my actions go nowhere. I float around unable to control my ship for upwards of 3 minutes, then all of my commands come crashing in while they seemingly catch up with the server. I get control for about 3-5 seconds, then I'm back to 3+minutes of my actions being queued or lagged or whatever.

It makes the game impossible for me to play as I simply can't control anything while only getting 3 seconds per every 3 minutes of activity.

I'm running WinXP, nVidia GTX 260, intel quad core, 4GB ram, and I've tried all graphics on lowest setting with no noticleable improvement.

Any ideas? I'd really like to partcipate in OB but waiting around for 3+ minutes to get 3 seconds of playing time in really seems pointless.

Cheers