Captain
# 11
01-29-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm not overly taken with the Fed or KDF ships, But the Romulan version is simply a must have for my romulan toon , primarily because i love the way it looks
( and i'm looking forward to flying a romulan ship that isn't Green or Brown )

I think perhaps the Solanae might grow on me in time, I can certainly see the reasoning behind the way it looks, it just doesn;t push all the right nuttons like the Aves does

and then all the bonus tech will just be an extra for me, what i want is the look

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Career Officer
# 12
01-29-2014, 07:14 PM
I really like the Klingon one, personally. Imagine it using a different material, like the KHG shield visual. It'll look nice.
Ensign
# 13
01-29-2014, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
I'm not overly taken with the Fed or KDF ships, But the Romulan version is simply a must have for my romulan toon , primarily because i love the way it looks
( and i'm looking forward to flying a romulan ship that isn't Green or Brown )

I think perhaps the Solanae might grow on me in time, I can certainly see the reasoning behind the way it looks, it just doesn;t push all the right nuttons like the Aves does

and then all the bonus tech will just be an extra for me, what i want is the look
Thats accect what i think.
Captain
# 14
01-29-2014, 08:55 PM
I have to ask : was any of them eating wedding cake or any that was covered in icing ? , the models look good but why did they pick that look ? . myself I hate the texture colours tbh (sorry) but I like the models when I am not thinking of iced cake
Captain
# 15
01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
I have to ask : was any of them eating wedding cake or any that was covered in icing ? , the models look good but why did they pick that look ? . myself I hate the texture colours tbh (sorry) but I like the models when I am not thinking of iced cake
I disagree, I like that the skins are different, I'm dead tired of all the Green ships on the romulan side, the purple will be a nice change of the usual theme too, though i imagine it won't stay a novelty for long

Also i am under the impression that the C-store bundle version will make a more classic Texture available to use for those of that inclination ( i am all for customisable choices )

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 16
01-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Initial impression for me is that they are over-stylized around the dyson theme, and do not sufficiently represent faction tech. They have faction-like silhouette, but beyond that they are much too alien in design, and too similar. I mean, come on now, each faction made the same discoveries and have all created brand new ships that can switch from sci to tac with the exact same changes? Really? The storytellers should have just made one ship, it would be way more believable. Or add dyson tech to existing ships, like the way assimilated tech changes the appearance of a faciton ship, but they are still obviously faction ships. These are too far, too much of a reach, and its kind of going in a weird direction (if this is the future, they have to invent a whole nother future in order to avoid having to follow its progression).

At some point they are artistic expressions rather than contributing to gameplay elements.

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 01-29-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Ensign
# 17
01-29-2014, 11:47 PM
I like the Solanae Class but I would probably use different materials (more classic Starfleet look).

I also agree with others, the Aves Class is definitely the best of the three, a very good design.
Career Officer
# 18
01-30-2014, 12:43 AM
I agree. The Fed ship is butt ugly. I just think they chose a bad frame. That style always reminds me of a tadpole crawling it's way out of the water. Almost any other form would have been better... well, except the Legoscort. I don't know what Cryptic is thinking with Fed ships lately. I do like the Rom ship very much, though.
Ensign
# 19
01-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Talking about the 4th Anniversary ships. can we use Lobi store to get needed items quicker? like with the winter event.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
01-30-2014, 03:53 AM
I like all three, the only problem for me is the whole 'moving parts' aspect. Just like the 1000 day vet ships, having huge parts of a ship moving and changing like that seems like it'd have way too much potential for something going horribly wrong. This is space we're talking about here, safety should be a huge priority.

The other issue for me is the massive split down the middle of the fed's saucer section. Saucer sections have always seemed to me to be a way to make getting between different departments quick and easy while also affording a certain amount of solidness to the design. A huge split like that invalidates both of those.

I do like them though, the rom one especially looks awesome, and I'm probably going to fly the fed one anyway even if I do have issues with the design.