Ensign
# 851
01-29-2014, 12:44 PM
This whole Arc thing is really dumb and I'm only installing it long enough to get free stuff.
Captain
# 852
01-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryaugh View Post
This whole Arc thing is really dumb and I'm only installing it long enough to get free stuff.
That makes two of us.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Ensign
# 853
01-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryaugh View Post
They'll have to offer a lot more than a free uniform before I'd even briefly pollute a virtual machine with this bloated steam wannabe, torrent server, and adware all rolled up into one.
Ensign
# 854
01-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Root kit, anyone?

Listen, Im sorry but no. I admit to being a clothing horse, heck I think cosmetics are the ONLY thing the store should sell (move us away from pay2win).

But despite me /loving/ clothing, free outfits are not worth installing this hot mess into my pc. More so when I already use steam. Scrap arc and just focus on making the game better.
Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
Captain
# 855
01-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelesszombie View Post
Root kit, anyone?

Listen, Im sorry but no. I admit to being a clothing horse, heck I think cosmetics are the ONLY thing the store should sell (move us away from pay2win).

But despite me /loving/ clothing, free outfits are not worth installing this hot mess into my pc. More so when I already use steam. Scrap arc and just focus on making the game better.
I just installed and then uninstalled it.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Survivor of Romulus
# 856
01-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegalaxy31 View Post
I just installed and then uninstalled it.
I installed it on another machine. Logged in to get it then logged back out and uninstalled. Then ran CCleaner to make sure it was gone off that machine.

Oh and Champions got a little more stuff than STO with their Arc promo.

EDIT Oh and when I tried Account Guard verification while using Arc, it never worked. No e-mail arrived. Yet I did it without Arc just recently too because the game treated using a different windows login as a different computer.

BACK AGAIN!!!!!

Last edited by stormstryke2; 01-29-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Ensign
# 857
01-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormstryke2 View Post
I installed it on another machine. Logged in to get it then logged back out and uninstalled. Then ran CCleaner to make sure it was gone off that machine.
See, when you have to take that extra step cause PWE/Cryptic thinks they are a branch of the NSA, that is when I say "No cosmetic is worth that ****".
Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
Career Officer
# 858 So. . . Arc
01-30-2014, 05:28 AM
Okay so I downloaded Arc and got the Khan outfit. Not seeing any performance issues using it and there are no real ads to speak of.

But.

When I go to use it to sign in to STO or Champions, all it does is bring up the regular launcher I already use and I have to sign in again.

So my question is, what is the point?
Captain
# 859
01-30-2014, 05:41 AM
It's a rip off of Steam basically, except that instead of connecting you to all games it's just for PWE.

If you find Arc's folder on your computer, there should be an uninstall button if you want to use that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Commander
# 860
01-30-2014, 05:47 AM
Only a 150 odd more messages of displeasure about Arc and this will get onto the 1st page of most replied news story.