Captain
# 11
01-30-2014, 06:06 AM
Janeways spider queen dress! I WANT IT NOWWWW!!!!
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
01-30-2014, 06:07 AM
I'd rather do Captain Proton as an episode. I've pitched it before, we could do it all in B&W.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
01-30-2014, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I'd rather do Captain Proton as an episode. I've pitched it before, we could do it all in B&W.
YES! I agree completely!

If you gave us Evil Robot combat pets as a mission reward...

Yeah. That would be just awesome.

You could also do a whole series of holodeck missions; "[Player name], Secret Agent", Captain Proton, and similar stuff. Maybe a good Dixon Hill, and maybe a little Shakespeare? Because Captain Picard has great taste.

Also, if we had a Dr. Chaotica laugh emote...
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 14
01-30-2014, 06:10 AM
Will we ever see a set of episodes again, or has that become ancient history now?
Career Officer
# 15
01-30-2014, 06:12 AM
I always hoped you could add little holodeck adventures like Captain Proton or Dixon Hill. It wouldn't even need to be big stories, just a little distraction.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
01-30-2014, 06:14 AM
I would looooovvvveee to get a series of holodeck 'missions' For one, it would be something that is entirely optional and can be accessed from either a location with a holodeck (like say your ship or SFA, heck even Bajor). For another, this could have its assets added to the foundry. Can you imagine the fun that could come from that?

Also imagine if you will a dixon hill set being used as a potential PvP map, street to street fighting (ok fine it would be ray guns in a 50's enviroment, but still)

And I completely proposed the 'noir' filter before. Just imagine playing a mission in B&W or even a Sepia tone.
Commander
# 17
01-30-2014, 06:19 AM
CAPTAIN PROTON TO THE RESCUE!

Although I hate the oldskool scifi from the 50s and 60s, since it was still horribly primitive in those days, Tom Paris as Capt. Proton was quite entertaining. If they make such a one off episode it just HAS to have Chaotica in it as the bad guy. Remember he would be back.
We Are The Borg. Lower Your Shields And Surrender Your Ships. Your Technological And Biological Distinctiveness Will Be Added To Our Own. You Will Adapt Yourself To Service The Collective. Our Survival Is Your Survival. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.

Cut off one head; two more shall take its place. HEIL HYDRA!
Captain
# 18
01-30-2014, 06:26 AM
While I'd love to see captain proton stuff I'd generally rather see some of the BASIC canon stuff in the game first... like the First Contact phaser rifles, or generally the phaser weapons from the late Tng era... (without blue stuff, correctly shaped and mark XI-XII^^)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
01-30-2014, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post
I always hoped you could add little holodeck adventures like Captain Proton or Dixon Hill. It wouldn't even need to be big stories, just a little distraction.
No, it would have to be a pretty substantial thing. Think of all of the assets that would have to be made for it. If we're investing that much into something, it would have to be a big deal. Something like an event, or a big part of a season release.

Doing other Holodeck adventures would be equally expensive. Think about Dixon Hill, or Sherlock Holmes. There is almost nothing in the game that could be reused in such a mission. That's the problem.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Rihannsu
# 20
01-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
No, it would have to be a pretty substantial thing. Think of all of the assets that would have to be made for it. If we're investing that much into something, it would have to be a big deal. Something like an event, or a big part of a season release.

Doing other Holodeck adventures would be equally expensive. Think about Dixon Hill, or Sherlock Holmes. There is almost nothing in the game that could be reused in such a mission. That's the problem.
Which sadly means we probably wont get it. I suppose we could see a FE where the holodeck goes wrong as that is a standard Trek story but it does not fit the current story being told and its not like you are every likely to build a season around a holodeck mishap.

Maybe that kind of thing should be built into events, like the winter or summer one? Instead of it all being Q, its going into a holodeck instead. Then it can be built up over time?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission