Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 41
01-28-2014, 05:23 AM
We need but one change to the Typhoon. Add a bridge module. the top of the saucer is plain and flat currently.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
# 42
01-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
We need but one change to the Typhoon. Add a bridge module. The top of the saucer is plain and flat currently.
Funny that you mention that. I always liked the flat top of the Typhoon. It gives the ship a rugged and crude appearance that emphasizes the militaristic nature of the ship.

Keeping senior staff as safe as possible during combat should be one of the highest priorities of any dedicated fighting vessel. It's for that reason alone that the Combat Information Center is almost always hidden away deep inside the hulls of todays warships and it's a big plus for me that both the Typhoon and the Jupiter consider that in their current design.

Not to mention that the simple shapes and clear differentiation of hull parts gives the Typhoon an almost TOS-like utilitarian design that would offer a nice alternative to those who don't find the more recent additions like the upcoming dyson ships appealing.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88572087000&dateline=  1361926017
=/\==/\==/\==/\==/\==/\==/\= =/\==/\==/\==/\==/\==/\=
Don't bite the bullet! Say NO to ARC!
=/\==/\==/\==/\==/\==/\==/\= =/\==/\==/\==/\==/\==/\=
Captain
# 43
01-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Quote:
We need but one change to the Typhoon. Add a bridge module. the top of the saucer is plain and flat currently.
typhoon having no "bridge module" makes sense for a space warship.
since the only thing such a module would be is a great big "shoot here to kill the command centre" button.

if anything that big slab is there to protect the bridge
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Commander
# 44
01-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
Since the only thing such a module would be is a great big "shoot here to kill the command centre" button.
Thats what generally wonders me most about star trek ship designs, why do they placr the most important part of the ship on the top where everyone is just able to shoot it, not only on warships. Oh and i guess in Nemesis we've seen how badly that strategy may go wrong...

http://de.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Scim...r_Scimitar.jpg ... You get a nice view on expolding scimitars though

Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes! (Link)
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
lol no kidding. i agree though, its the flat that comlletes the look
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Every time I see a typhoon as a photonics battle ship or otherwise I drool
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Well this thread died....
Captain
# 48
02-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Here are some nice shots of the Typhoon.

Very Large.

In Space.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Commander
# 49
02-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Here are some nice shots of the Typhoon.

Very Large.

In Space.
Looks awesome, thx for posting

Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes! (Link)
Captain
# 50
02-02-2014, 11:24 AM
way too many lights, in all the wrong places.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.