Captain
# 21
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I prefer phasers with my Federation characters' ships, and plasma/disruptors on my Romulan Warbirds.
Captain
# 22
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Well as I am across all factions and careers since like day 2 of launch I use them all except tetryon anymore. dont know why I just kinda dropped the torp use so tets arent my bag, My AP BFAW build is my top and mad DPS off an Oddy with survivability appeals to me.
Captain
# 23
01-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
I try to use "canon" weapons with the ships they belong to.

My Fed's all use Phasers, but my Caitian carrier has Tets
My KDF uses Disruptors
My Romulan uses Rom-Plasma weapons from the Rep system.
Same here.

Starfleet ships: Phaser, KDF: Disruptor, Romulan: Romulan Plasma, D'Kyr: Regular Plasma, Kumari: Andorian Phasers, Atrox: Refracting Tets (my biggest waste of Dilithium so far!), Galor: Spiral Waves.

Just feels wrong having a Galaxy fire green or purple beams.
Ensign
# 24
01-30-2014, 03:58 PM
what is better, rom plasma from rep system or fleet advanced ones?

currently using borg phaser on my sci fed on fleet intrepid, borg tetryon on caitian carrier

on my Klingon tac i use borg antiproton on Mogh battlecruiser, have phased polaron equiped on temporal destroyer, and borg disruptors on bortasque

on my Romulan i still use generic rare plasma MKXI , planning to switch on fleet or rom rep plasma or even elite disruptors maybe later

on my fed tac i fly Kumari so i use andorian fleet phasers, also have antiproton borg on fleet defiant
Career Officer
# 25
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Tetryon's. Be it ship or ground, it gets the job done. =3
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Republic Veteran
# 26
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
I use all types on my Reman and Fed, except phasers to be honest and i have to say the best for PVE, by a country mile, is Romulan plasma. Although i am referring mainly to dual beams and beam arrays, as i don't use cannons except on my arkif. For 2 reasons:

1) Nothing else can even come close to offset the fact that the exp Rom plasma array doesnt drain power with anything.

2) The 3 set rom debuff attack is probably the best damage+ debuff in the game. Its a boss/gate/cube raper.

Though i do like Tetryon for pvp with the full nukara space sets, and i also use spiral waves on my fed cruiser sometimes, these are also very powerful and i just like the look of them.
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."
Career Officer
# 27
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
proton/polaron. with the JH 2 piece set you get a 7% bonus to damage and with a couple of the dyson consoles you get a bonus to the proton damage.
No to T5 Constitution No to T5 Miranda No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet
Captain
# 28
01-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
I use all types on my Reman and Fed, except phasers to be honest and i have to say the best for PVE, by a country mile, is Romulan plasma.

I was right about to ask about these. Right now i'm flying the Romulan Vet ship, so i was debating whether or not to go Romulan Plasma or Fleet plasma. Do the plasma tac consoles boost the lotus? Or would i still be better off going for the Fleet AP?
Captain
# 29
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrrot View Post
what is better, rom plasma from rep system or fleet advanced ones?

currently using borg phaser on my sci fed on fleet intrepid, borg tetryon on caitian carrier

on my Klingon tac i use borg antiproton on Mogh battlecruiser, have phased polaron equiped on temporal destroyer, and borg disruptors on bortasque

on my Romulan i still use generic rare plasma MKXI , planning to switch on fleet or rom rep plasma or even elite disruptors maybe later

on my fed tac i fly Kumari so i use andorian fleet phasers, also have antiproton borg on fleet defiant
Rom plasma does slightly less weapon damage than fleet plasmas, but the disruptor proc more than makes it up. The +9.5% dmg per science console plus disruptor proc is utterly OP and makes normal disruptors obsolete.

For the rpers, it's also a slightly bluish green color that matches TV Romulan disruptors perfectly, as opposed klinglon disruptors that are too green, or normal plasma that's too blue.
Ensign
# 30
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
What type? Pure antiproton. Absolutely pure.