Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Busy
01-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Ok, i'm not that tech savy, but when i try ot log into the game i keep getting this message "server is busy". I have to re-log in like fifty times in order to get in the server.

My only guess is that the server is completly full.

Am i right on that guess or is it something else?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2010, 11:29 AM
yes its full, and yeay for the think-tanks at cryptic that didn't have their servers ready when they were handing out beta keys.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2010, 11:35 AM
arrrrrgg +1.30hours and ever the same "server busy, try later"..i know im playing s OPEN BETA but cant understand why only 1 server.

sorry badly english.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themysticarcane View Post
yes its full, and yay for the think-tanks at cryptic that didn't have their servers ready when they were handing out beta keys.
It's a shame they didn't at least implement some sort of Queue system, so instead of having to repeatedly try, hoping to get lucky, we could instead simply wait our turn and eventually get in.

Obviously if the system can only handle so many players online at the same time, what is the point of handing our far more beta keys than can log in? I understand it's the weekend, the time *most* players are available to play, but the issue is still rather short-sighted. And if they think this issue is limited to Open Beta, and have no plans to adapt for launch, it's really going to hurt a lot of first impressions. The "I payed 50 bucks for a game I can't get into" really rattles the consumers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2010, 11:45 AM
i think there a few more people trying to play that they had anticipated.

They ordered a new server to add to the cluster according to the message they posted but depending what hardware they are using it can take a good few days to come from supplier.

Even with dell servers if you order them direct from del its not next day and esp not on weekends

so hopefully next week we will get some more capacity until them we all have to keep hitting enter lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2010, 11:45 AM
It really is terrible. To make such an amazing game but not being able to back it up with server space. Very short sighted.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaso-117
It really is terrible. To make such an amazing game but not being able to back it up with server space. Very short sighted.
Yawn. Their servers hold a massive amount of people already. Nobody could predict how popular this game would be.

Think, they create a server that holds hundreds of thousands of players, . Only 100k log in. Waste of server space and money.

They create a server that holds 100k players, and can be expanded to hold more. That equals sound business sense. Why spend money when you don;t have to. If servers get full, then you order new parts and upgrade when needed. Not create a huge server then waste that money when nobody shows up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Yawn. Their servers hold a massive amount of people already. Nobody could predict how popular this game would be.
...REALLY??
Its friggin star trek O.o
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Think, they create a server that holds hundreds of thousands of players, . Only 100k log in. Waste of server space and money.

They create a server that holds 100k players, and can be expanded to hold more. That equals sound business sense. Why spend money when you don;t have to. If servers get full, then you order new parts and upgrade when needed. Not create a huge server then waste that money when nobody shows up.
Very true, but when you have a game that costs 80 USD and then 240 for a lifetime subscription, i would like to play to see if its worth it
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Cool! I didn't realise that Star Trek is STILL as popular today as it was back in the day. WOOT

After reading your replies, when i booted up the game again i saw the message saying that the STO team are putting a 'rush order' on more servers.

So, since my supicins are correct on the fact that the STO server is overloaded with more trekkies than it can handle, would that also be the cause of all the lag issues i'm facing? Just about every bug i find is lag related. If that's true, then it would explain a LOT.

I expected problems like this since it's beta, so it's no big deal to me just as long as they have it fixed by launch